Sign in to follow this  
Guest Fjorko

Fsbuild and PMDG out of Sync ?

I purchased Fsbuild 2.1.1 last nightCan anyone please tell me why the FMC on the PMDG 737 shows some SID's for a particular airport, but when i try to plan a flight from that particular airport using FSbuild 2.1.1, those SID's do not show in the dropdown list for that airport.Another issue i have seen at EGPH is that PMDG list certain runways in it's FMC, and Fsbuild list completely different runways for this airport, so something must be out of sync somewhere ??? Both have Airac 0312 installedI have another post on Avsim asking where to actually install the Airac03012 for Fsbuild since the PMDG and the Fsbuild ones seem to install to different locations.I am very confused by the route planning of FSbuild and it makes no sense if i look at the RUNWAYS, SID's and STARS that the PMDG FMC has because they do not always match up.Anyone else have this ?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

After installing 0312 go to options and rebuild the fsbuild indexes. My advice is do not use FSBuild SID/STAR (there is an option for that) they do not match PMDG ones. However the airac should match. What I got once was that PMDG FMC "didn't like the import" The arrival rwy got stucked in the FMC legs after the import and I wasn't unable to delete it. Posted about that but no answer.Jos

But that's not very nice.......What is the use of having Fsbuild for flight planning if the SID/STAR database is different from PMDG but still have an option to export to PMDG ??Makes no sense, i hope i didn't waste my money !What is the best way to use FSbuild 2.1.1 with PMDG then i.e how should i create the flightplans ?

>purchased Fsbuild 2.1.1 last night>>Another issue i have seen at EGPH is that PMDG list certain runways >in it's FMC, and Fsbuild list completely different >runways for >this airport, so something must be out of sync somewhere ??? They are not exact same databases, in fact we used a different source for the Fsbuild cycle 0312 database than PMDG is using. So there will be some differences. Though the Fsbuild airport database is not updated every cycle, there is a reason for this.See the updates file for the EGPH runways correction for Fsbuild-2.www.fsbuild.com/dl/fsb2updates.zip>I have another post on Avsim asking where to actually install the >Airac03012 for Fsbuild since the PMDG and the Fsbuild >ones seem to >install to different locations.Install it in your Fsbuild2 folder.>I am very confused by the route planning of FSbuild and it makes no >sense if i look at the RUNWAYS, SID's and STARS that >the PMDG FMC >has because they do not always match up.The SID/STAR data for both PMDG and Fsbuild-2 are not updated with the Airac cycles. I believe much of the PMDG databaseis from user contributions. So there really is no way they will ever be exactly the same WRT to SID/STAR's.So in several areas the PMDG and the Fsbuild-2 databases will not be 'in-synch' as you call it.Regards.Ernie.

>But that's not very nice.......>>What is the use of having Fsbuild for flight planning if the >SID/STAR database is different from PMDG but still have an >option >to export to PMDG ??I don't agree with Jos

Thanks for your reply ErnieErnie, last night i did a test plan from FACT to EGLL and for some weird reason Fsbuild calculated an auto generated route that almost went to China and then headed up to the UK ? Surly that is not correct behaviour - or did i do something wrong ? I'm not at home now else i would have created a screenshot.There was another flightplan somewhere in Europe ( built in to Fsbuild) - when i clicked on it to generate it - the plan line went to a VOR in South America - made an almost 180degree turn and headed back to Europe - Very strange !Thanks Cheers

Those strange results, usually have to with a waypoint referenced in the airway database, that is not in the Navaids database.If there happens to be another Navaid with the exact same code still in the database, Fsbuild not finding anything closer will select that Navaid, even if its in China, it would still be the closest one it finds.Try using the updated Intersections file, in the 'updates' document I referred to, that might help resolve some of those strange route problems.Regards.Ernie.

ErnieThanks...i will do that !Do you regularly update the airways, waypoints, Intsec's etc and release them to us ?CheersP