Sign in to follow this  
Guest A340-300 fan

FMC

Guest A340-300 fan

is the real FMC in the 737 also grey, i mean grey letters? because i know that the 747 and 767 have green letters.adamYou cant truley understand flying until you have actually tasted and felt it.

Umm you are talking about the display readout letters right? They are white, not grey. NGs have white letters, not green. Some even have magenta on various letters like the active waypoint etc. I would never go by other boeings at least in regard to the NG, it seems have have more than a few unique items... [h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/betaimg.jpg

Guest A340-300 fan

thanks alot.adamYou cant truley understand flying until you have actually tasted and felt it.

Guest Iz

Oh my goodness Vin! Then I guess you have some work to do in the Options menu, because some of our 737NG CDUs have green displays!!!

In my experience, I've seen NG's with both newer LCD-style CDU units (Which are like the ones depicted in the PMDG NG), and also old CRT-style CDU units with their cozy green phosphor glow. ;) In fact, on one Southwest flight I was recently on being operated by a 737-7H4, the left CDU was an old CRT-style unit, while the right CDU was a newer LCD-style unit. It leads me to wonder - are the older CDUs in classic 737's merely "plug-in" modules that can be swapped between the NG and Classics? Do all NGs come from Boeing with new LCD-style CDUs, and perhaps when they fail or need to be replaced, an operator can merely slap a spare old CRT style unit into an NG? Or do some NG's merely come with CRT style CDUs while others come with LCD style CDUs? Perhaps a real-world NG pilot or maintenence crewmember could shed some light on the subject. :)If the CRT vs. LCD issue does end up being an operator option or just different available equipment, perhaps PMDG can add an option in the "styles" menu to toggle between white LCD characters and green CRT characters.. ;)

Some time ago, before the 737NG was published, there was a lengthy discussion here about 737 FMCs. I remember writing Bill Bulfer (FMC User Guide)a note regarding the DIR/INTC KEY differences from one FMC to another and he wrote back saying that there were three implementations of the Smith's FMC keyboard setup... so I would imagine that there are crt text color options as it appears from looking at many "airliners.net" NG cockpits.Such a fascinating world!!!!Cheers and Happy New Year!