Sign in to follow this  
Guest Paragon

NAT Track.

Guest Paragon

Trying to make a cross the atlantic from KJFK to EGLL I entered the current route taken from glideslope.de, but I got some very weird result s when I entered the fix points over the ocean. From YTT to LIMRI, these were the fix points:N48W50, N50W40, N51W30, and N52W20.The second fix looked right, but the three other points were clearly in the wrong position when looking at the display. Could someone verify this for me, maybe I did something wrong? I don't know if it's fs9 or the PMDG that's at fault.ThanksMikkel

Guest lbb

Stupid question perhaps, but how did you enter them exactly (in the FMC, you mean I suppose)? If I put them in exactly as you write them down, I get a message not in database. I have the AIRAC that came with the SU2, maybe that makes a difference?However, if I put them in as lat and lon (N48000W0500000 etc.) they look pretty good to me.Leo Bakker

Guest Paragon

I wrote just like you did....except, I didn't put the zero in front of the 50. I guess that's it...douh! :)

The easier way of doing this.....4850N 5040N 5130N 5220N This is the way the real pilots as well as many of us here place the points in

Peter Osborn

Guest Paragon

And this works in the PMDG FMC as well? I thought you had to enter the 13 characters no less no more.Mikkel

Guest pagotan

Hi Mikkel,Since you have been visiting glidescope you certainly have seen that they are mentioning an outstanding tool for trans oceanic flight planning by the name of NATPLOT. It will give you a good graphical representation of NAT Tracks among others. I agree it not easy to master but the result is worth the efforts.DISCLAIMER:The above reflects only a personal opinion and was written without any intend to offend or criticize any individual or company including PMDG.Michael

Guest Paragon

Btw - I was wondering if you could help me decipher the nat track messages. I downloaded the utility, and it's great. All I need now is to understand how to get to the track. Say I'm using track X, which starts at YYT. I'm leaving EWR and this is what I think me route would be according to the posted flight plan:EWR..MERIT..HFD..PUT..BOS..KANNI.N43A.COLOR.TRAKX...and this is what I'm suppose to file if I'm requesting a route over KANNI.VIA J174.RIFLE..ACK..DIRECTSo my route would be:EWR-MERIT-HFD-PUT-BOS-KANNI-N43A-COLOR...and then unto track X.But since I'm going over KANNI, would I file this route instead:EWR-J174-RIFLE-ACK-KANNI-COLOR.I'm kinda at a loss when reading these messages. Any help appreciated.