Sign in to follow this  
Guest statikbuzz

Super performance climb! (44000ft/min)

Guest statikbuzz

Experimented some more with rudder anomalies.Full left rudder, wings forced level, gear up, flaps uphttp://www.kolumbus.fi/statik/pmdg737-600_heavyclimb.jpgThats FL655 in 1min 30s :(Now there's got to be something wrong with the flight model, otherwise boeing should start selling these babes to NASA. - Jalmari Raippalinna

Jalmari,this is certainly strange. If you haven't done so already, can you do an un-install using our uninstaller then re-install the SU2 product? Please back-up any installed liveries and the config file and any sidstars you might have created before you do this. Let me know the results, please.

Guest statikbuzz

Pete,I consider it too much work as I and few of my friends can duplicate this "feature" with either FS2002 or FS2004.Just try it, slowly apply more left rudder as you pull airleons to right. Watch ND:s heading needle, should be going slight to right. Also watch airspeed, if not rising, change rudder and airleon position a bit and see if it expedites. Btw, You can overstress the aircraft by climbing like this, as with anything less than 90 degree angle, your airspeed is near 400kts if rudder is exploited carefully enough. - Jalmari Raippalinna

Well Im not sure if any of you remeber but there have been other topics on this!....After noticing this myself I posted... 65 others responded that they had similiar problems.The other day I noticed someone else brought up the issue.Seems this is becoming quite a problem PMDG Will you please look into this problem?Other than reinstall?Thank you indeed.

Peter Osborn

Guest Doubi

I confirm .... up to 40000ft/min till FL640 :-hah Interesting exercise for the shuttle pilots ... More seriously, I cleaned all up before installing the SU2 using the removal software, so ...Thanks a lot !http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/56473.jpg

Guest jcomm

I can also confirm this weird behaviour, since the very first version of this great 737.It is even more irritating when it comes to performing an otherwise good crosswind landing. You come down in a crab, nose upwind, and then as you apply rudder to uncrab, not only are you forced to pitch down to counteract the climbing tendency BUT your aircraft starts drifting towards the upwind side, most certainly ending outside of the rw border (towards upwind!!!!). This really spoils an otherwise great experience, specialy if you take into account the fact that this PMDG 737 really works great at FD coupled approaches under crosswind!!!Fix it please PMDG ;-)

Guest Dimosthenis

Seems to be happening over here as well... on at least two occasions, while practising engine failures I had:The first time on initial climb out of 03R of LGAV with one engine INOP, a climb to FL130 occured, while my speed at that altitude was 330KIAS and rising...Second time again on a engine out scenario (this time opposite engine) on turn to finals rwy 03L LGAV i ended UP at FL360 with 467KIAS ...and rising, and all that in under one minute!FS2004, SU2 (previous SU1 removed with PMDGs removal tool, no other problems that i have found, except that slight glitch with my speedbrakes lever)Can it be due to the lousy 2004 Flight Dynamics engine?

Guest rugerdog

The PMDG rudder system is completely screwed up and has been since day one. I really doubt they (PMDG) are capable of fixing it. You cannot execute a proper crosswind landing with this 737 as you pointed out. PMDG needs to consult REAL 737 pilots at least once in a while about flight models. A real pilot would have noticed the rudder anomaly right off the bat but game programmers never pick up on it.

Guest Paragon

I don't think it's because of the fs9 flight engine, if you didn't notice the sceenshot is taken in fs2002.Mikkel

Guest Vangelis

Gents,Something really wierd is happening there. I can see that 2K2 screenshots have been taken so it is not an FS9 peculiarity. Cannot duplicate. I would like very specific info as to what happens and try to duplicate again. Try emvaos@precisionmanuals.com.Regards,VangelisPS. James. Yeah sure we never asked anybody flying it real and never consulted any official documentation. It is all out of our collective imagination. Are you serious ?? How can anybody write these things... As you can see individual problematic situations are nevertheless treated one by one, regardless.

I Agree that this might be unrealistic and anoying, I personaly haven't experienced this situation, but I see this like a trade off of some kind in order to the autoflight performance of the plane ( one of the most dificult flight caracteristics to obtain, and one of the most loved by us, seeing that perfect centerline autolanding in an hurricane ;) ), besides I belive that flying this bird by the book an numbers will provide an accurate replica of the real one certainly in most of the situations.About Someone saying that PMDG needs to consult real pilots, they don't need to since at least one (Robert) is an actual 737 pilot *:-* . And the flight model in fs, we all have to agree, is THE best one on the market... I do believe that they PMDG are aware of this situation, and if they decided to make it this way is because there is nothing to do about that, or if indeed there is, it might spoil other intems in the flight model more important to the overall good feeling of the model, so my vote is to leave it this way UNLESS there is something to do that improves and not spoils the model.Jos

Captains,I've alerted support about this and they'll look into this and seek a solution for you. Give them a few days. Thanks.

Guest jcomm

BTW:It's completely useless to try to simulate engine failures in MSFS, at least on jet aircraft...MSFS's designers/engeneers/whatever... decided that a "killed" engine has no drag, and there is no such thing as negative thrust from a turbine (which can happen in real life not only when Reverse is active!)...Prop aircraft can be designed to show pretty much realistc engine failure behaviour, like Flight1's C410, though.

Guest nutcase

My guess is that is not fs2004 limitations that makes this happend. I was lucky and got the airfile that someone had modified concerning this promblem. this file was banned by PMDG, but it did in fact FIX this problem. So it's seem like it is possible for PMDG to make a fix for this, at least someone else already have done that, but PMDG didn't like this file to be distributed.Jan Roar R

Guest sj3

Mr. French: I find both your post quite offensive. You offer no real factual information and take several not-well-veiled shots at PMDG. I won't go through each and every mistruth, etc. in your post, but as a member here, I wish you would stay away permanently.Thank you,sj MantelKEWR