Sign in to follow this  
Orlaam

Stupid Question Perhaps

I've been manually landing all my aircraft for months now, and never even tried the NG's autoland, let alone LOC capture. My question is, how can I get on the centerline and stay there? It always seems as though I drift left or right and constantly have to adjust, therefore always landing on either side of center, even without wind. I know some will say practice, but I need to know if there's a secret to staying center. Everything else about my landing and approach is near perfect. Do real pilots in heavies have to adjust often during final or is this just me? I always feel as though the plane is banking when I'm on final and adjust my center, however, real heavies never look like they list at all!Chris

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Chris....This has been a common problem identified by many others.The good news is that PMDG is aware of it and is even attempting to fix this amoung other FMC related issues.

I'm not sure that's the problem I'm having. I'm landing on the runway, but not the centerline. I've never had the problem where I can't stay straight on course, just small deviations. This happens with other planes as well.Chris