Sign in to follow this  
qnh

I've regressed to the 70's! ARRRGGGHHHH

Having more disco problems that John TravoltaI create a flight plan - take off and fly VNAV/LNAV no problems. When I receive my destination information about rwy in use I use the DEP/ARR page in the FMC to select the runway, no STAR, I put in a 15 nm runway extension, the RX waypoint gets entered with a disco above it and the RW waypoint also gets entered with a disco above it. Select the RX wpt and click in the disco above it and the disco goes - I cannot get rid of the disco above the RW waypoint. What am I doing wrong? Should I get my flares out?ScottYBTL

Scott
Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

"I cannot get rid of the disco above the RW waypoint. What am I doing wrong? Should I get my flares out?"Can't tell if you're doing the right thing or not, Scott, but you could try the DELete button to delete the discontinuity (Just line select DELETE to where the discontinuity boxes are). In some of the early betas I had to do this as a workaround (the early betas seemed to be more prone to this). I'm not sure if this solution is applicable to the real world however.Hope this helps.Cheers.Ian.

Thanks Ian,I tried the delete but get an invalid entry error.I don't wanna wear flares again :-)ScottYBTL

Scott

Hi,this happens when the last waypoint of a route is too close to the dest runway. For example if it's between the RWY and the RWY extension. Delete the last waypoint before the runway extension. You should be able to get rid of the discos then.Alex

Thanks Alex, I'll give that a tryScottYBTL

Scott