Sign in to follow this  
Guest SBDenali

Panel Bitmap

Hey guys (PMDG Development Team et all)I was tooling around in my NG yesterday, and it hit me that the panel is awfully purple (or periwinkle as the girlfriend used to say), and from all the pics I see.. it varies from black to almost perfect silver depending on the sun condition.So I decided to fire up ol Photoshop and see if I can't darken it a little, and well .. the gauges that move have large circles of the old colors that made such a simple change impossible. I know it's far too late for anything to be done to the 600/700, but for those of us who get the 800/900, maybe we could get it a hair darker?However, I toyed around and got something that I kinda liked, but before I show my work on a forum, I wanted to make sure that it would be ok. I don't want to have any sort of copywright things here, so I'll wait for an ok from one of the dev guys.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Andy,The color of the panel has been widely discussed during the development phases of this aircraft. And I think you will always have people not happy with whatever you come up with. And that for a number of reasons:- Monitor settings/wear & tear. Every monitor, even different ones of the same type, will show you different coloring.- Personal preferences- Lighting conditions and photographical issues when it comes to pictures of the real thing.I think you can do whatever you like with your panel bitmaps as long as you don't distribute it without the author's permission. Beware though, I'm not at all knowledgeable when it comes to copyright issues...lolCheers,

Well I seem to recall the 800-900 WILL BE CHANGED in regards to the panel bitmap. In fact I have seen some of the changes and have to say OH YEAH... You will not be dissapointed in the newer color shade AND other stuff on the new panel (IF all things go as planned of course)............[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/betaimg.jpg

Randy, that sounds great!! I love the panel as it is at the moment, but always thought it was too purple rather than grey looking.

Oh man...I can't wait for the 800/900. Hopefully the "bar" that goes down the front of the window is changed to something more photoreal, maybe even showing a little of the overhead too. Do you know if they are planning a change of the overhead lighting?Mikkel