Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hugo Frey

Problems with service update v1.3

Guest Hugo Frey

HiSince I installed today the new service update v1.3 there are some problems with the panel in FS2002.When I switch back from the overhead panel to the main panel, the panel freezes. (all the crt displays freeze) Only when I change shortly the panelview, the Displays come alive again. (The panel sound is also away in that situation.)During the landing phase, capturing the localizer, the loc and glideslope pointers on the pfd don't move.Does anybody have the same problems?Regards

Hi!On a flight yesterday at a certain moment I missed the engine sound. Had to turn the engine sound off and on again in the audio settings. Don't know if it depends from 1.3 but it didn't happen before (althought I'm flying the PMDG only for a week now).Using FS2002 and SU1.3Bye,Luca Benelli

Guest Art Vandalay

same for me. FS2002 PMDG v1.3No problems with v1.2 but the same "freeze-effect" with v1.3GreetsArt Vandalay

Could this be your problem?Excerpt from upgrade 'readme':"Our aircraft uses GDI+, Microsoft's cutting-edge graphics deviceinterface technology available natively only in Windows XP. Suchtechnology can be made available to other Windows operating systems byvisiting the link above and installing GDI+ as per the instructionsgiven. It is preferable that the user installs the redistributable intheir Windows system folder, but they can also choose to place the GDI+DLLs in their default FS2002 installation directory, if they so choose.IMPORTANT: The 737NG Software WILL NOT FUNCTION PROPERLY without GDI+ on non- WindowsXP operating systems."Andy b

Guest Art Vandalay

Hi Andy,thanks for your response but this is definately not the problem as you had to have the GDI+ from the 1st version on (the whole plane wouldnt load without it) and i have it installed properly.Thanks anyway!Art

Just done a quick circuit with a downwind T & G on Rwy 31 then a normal full stop landing on Rwy 13 - small 11 kt crosswind component - handled manual landing very well.Panel components work without a hiccup when switching from panel to another.The update installed like a charm and everything appears to be hunky dory - more investigation will confirm but for now I am happy.Andy bPS - without wishing to hijack the thread - has anyone changed 'render to texture' from 'off' to 'on' in mid flight and had the whole darn panel disappear and been unable to recover when reversing the settings?Ab

Guest Art Vandalay

Do you run FS2002 or FS2004?

Guest Hugo Frey

Hi AndyI use FS2002 on windows XP.Regards