Sign in to follow this  
Guest jazza1971

Are you able to transfer the license for 737NG?

Guest jazza1971

A friend of mine has decided that he isn't really cut out to flying a 737 and has offered to sell me his license and the software required to use your 737NG What I would like to know is if he is able to transfer the stuff to me and if I wll have any problems installing them. IE i remember using a demo version of your aircraft and it had a system specific license if i'm not wrong. I just want to make sure all the boxes are checked before I go ahead and buy it.Jarrad

Jarrad-Your friend should take a close read through of his End User License Agreement.The sale of the license is not his right, and subjects him to legal penalties.As the purchaser you would also be subjected to legal penalties. Currently I am in the process of preparing paperwork on nearly four dozen theft cases, please do not become one of them.... Just purchase product legally from our site to prevent any accidental misery- even if it is well intentioned.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Guest jazza1971

Robert, Thanks for the response I didn't want to get either of us in the poo that's why I asked. I'm curious though, could you post a link to the EULA. I am probably looking at things a bit too simply, but if you buy something don't you own the product? Or in this case as a user of your 737 are you just actually leasing/renting it from your company. Also, what happened if he decided to give it to me as a present with no change of monies involved? I'm not trying to stir anything up, its just that you have sparked my curiosity about this.CheersJazza

Guest Staalplaat

Jazza,There was an interesting thread about the legal aspects of purchasing and the transfer of softwareliscences on the main FS forum here on Avsim. If you'd search the forum, you should be able to find. It is a pretty complicated subject but very interesting to read.Lennart

The following should answer your question:1. GRANT OF NON-EXCLUSIVE, LIMITED LICENSEThe Software and related documentation is licensed, not sold. Any rights not clearly and expressly granted to you under this EULA are reserved to PMDG. Provided you have paid all applicable fees, registered the Software with PMDG, and otherwise complied with this EULA, PMDG grants you the following personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable"

Cheers,

John Tavendale
Textures by Tavers - https://www.facebook.com/texturesbytavers

Guest jazza1971

There you go, answered