Sign in to follow this  
cmpbellsjc

Questions from a new 737NG user

I got 737NG last weekend and I am enjoying this challenging new aircraft. However I have a few questions if anyone can offer some advice I would greatly appreciate it.1. When I take off using the FCM, TO/GA, Auto Throttle, and Flight Director armed I get this really aweful beeping sound when the engines spool up to about 25% thrust. I have the flaps set to the takeoff config in the FMC, parking brakes are off, Auto Brake is set to RTO. I don't get any master caution light, but the beeping continues until the plane has left the ground. I don't get this when I am not using the FMC, however sometimes when I taxi if I push the throttle a little to far forward the beeping starts until I backoff the throttle.2. I downloaded FSNav to help in planning routes. FSNav comes with SID's and STAR's, however they seem to be different than the ones that are available in the FMC. Is it possible to copy the SID's and STAR's from the PMDG folder and place them in the FSNav SidStar folder or are they not compatable? If they are not compatable what planing software might you recommend. I have not registered FSNav yet, I am still using the 10 free flights trial.3. One last question. I have been downloading SID's, STAR's, and approach plates from MyAirplane.com since it is free, however the STAR's aren't grouped by area just the name of the STAR. Consequently it is hard to find all the ones you need for airports frequented. Anyone know of another freeware site to get these?Thanks in advance for any advice you may offer.Sean Campbell

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

1) You have your speed break armed?2) I use FSBuild v 2 personally and am happy with it.3) No idea.Regards,