Sign in to follow this  
Guest womil

Please help with "Shoot1.6.3"

Hello all,several days ago I read about the program "Shoot" which is able to control the PMDG737 (and others, maybe) by voice.Is someone here in the forum who could help me in the first steps using this addon? How is the connection between FS and Shoot done? I can speak whatever I want into the microphone, there is no reaction in the flight simulator.Honestly spoken, until now I do not understand at all how to use this addon.Some help would be greatly appreciated.Best regards,Wolfgang (EDQD)

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Have a look at the Shoot web site Wolfgang, there is full documentation on how to create a 'profile' and there are profiles available there as well so you can look at how they are constructed.Although they are in XML format you can open then with notepad and edit them.Shoot is a speech recognition program so it will turn your voice into keypresses.The basic concept is you type a phrase that you will say and link that to a keypress that will carry out an action in FS, all that goes into the profile file.So, for example, you may want to say "Flaps down" to extend the flaps one notch, anad you may call that action 'Extend flaps'. You would link that phrase with the F7 key (FS9).In the format of Shoot that would look like (hope the format comes through :-))When you say "Flaps down" FS9 will react as if you had pressed F7 on the keyboard.Before any of this can happen though you have to train Shoot to understand your voice and set the correct mike level, all this available from the 'speech' menu when you run Shoot.HTH

Hello Wolfgang,You must also download and install Microsoft Speech Recognition Engine before you can start using Shoot.When it comes to profiles with commands I know from own experience that it takes a lot of time creating them before they work the way you want them to. Please try the profile I created for FS9 if you want, and then you can of course edit it the way you want so it fits your needs. I have used it alot for my PMDG and I think it works real good now after lots of tuning. (See link at the end of this post)All the best,