Sign in to follow this  
Chris Catalano

ATC & SID/STARS

I don't get it. How can I get ATC to order me to use a particular SID/STAR. If I load & fly one on my own, then I will be disregarding the controller's instructions to me. How am I supposed to fly one & still be in compliance with ATC's nstructions to me? They never seem to ask me to fly a SID or a STAR. If I start doing my own thing, I presume the controller will not be happy with me.Thanks.Chris Catalano

Guest Fishu

FS ATC doesn't have the SID/STARs, so it wouldnt understand what you want to do.Therefore you either ignore the ATC or do the vectorsIf you want an actual ATC service, which expects you to use SID/STARs, I recommend the VATSIM MP network with live controllers ;)

Radar Contact is an add-on program that will let you fly SID's. As for STARS, you tend to get vectored for an approach rather than follow the star all the way in.