Sign in to follow this  
Guest erlewine

737-800/900 Analog on Digital Layout

Hi everyone - almost all the screenshots of the 800/900 have the PFD/MFD showing analog controls on the digital screens. I can't be the only one who finds it kind of amusing that we're using digital screens to emulate analog instruments!I know this isn't a PMDG issue per se as much as a systems issue; but can those screens be configured to show the traditional digital attitude indicator with everything on it?Steve

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Steve,The reason Boeing provides these 'analog' digital instruments, is to enable 737-400/500 pilots to transit quicker to a 737-NG version.It requires less training, hence it is cheaper for the airliners.

But B737-3/4/500 have the same type of EADI / EHSI presentation as the NG, granted there are some differences but the display on the classics pretty much only lack the speed tape. I think this is meant for the 100/200 series drivers not the EFIS qualified bods! Kris

Hi allThis option is for the non-EFIS a/c crews to transition faster. But as far as non-EFIS a/c I think there are individuals within the whole range of Classics that is non-EFIS. Operator dependent? Anyone? Class? ... ;-)Cheers,