Sign in to follow this  
Guest rserpieri

800/900 great but still few problems

Guest rserpieri

First of all let me thank all of you guys at PMDG,it's a very nice product!I really enjoy flying with it and that's why I want to report few bugs that we still have in the NG:1.ALTITUDE ALERT is working fine during climbs,but doesn't work during descents!(No light no sound).2.With the HYDRAULIC SYSTEM switched OFF,the flap lever won't move and if you insist (pressing F6 or F7) it will move momentarily giving a consequent movement of the flaps which I think isn't correct since the system is not pressurized.3.During take off if the elevetor trim is not in the green band,even setting it in the full scale position there is no CONFIGURATION WARNING.4.There is no possibility to arm or deploy the speed brakes through the keybord.And finally I've got one more question:I feel the handling of the aircraft (including the 600/700) completely different,is less stable in the pitch,is this related to my fs settings?Hope this post will help to make "our jewel" even better than it is,I know PMDG is one of the best development teams for flight simulation and you are always giving support to your customers!!!!Thanks in advance,Roberto

I can answer No.4 Press SHIFT + / usually works.RegardsLawrence

Lawrence Ashworth

XhCuv5H.jpg

There are no ALT ALERTS IF one has flaps 25 or greater selected OR on G/S. Not saying that is your case only what I know. Not sure will have to look at the TO config, it should do what u say. Of course the 800-900 feels different, it is! We have a couple of 800 pilots on our testing team who say it is the best eva, nuff said!. [h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/betaimg.jpgAMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | WD SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 |

Guest Lenny Zaman

hey randy, what to do with one engine failure?that calls for flap15 approach, and in the case of a non-ils equipped airfield, just ignore it?Cheers

Guest Ray CYYZ

>hey randy, what to do with one engine failure?>that calls for flap15 approach, and in the case of a non-ils>equipped airfield, just ignore it?>CheersUmm, if you are down an engine, you do not have the authority to be able to handle traffic except to descend (hopefully while still in control) :-lolGenerally, ATC tends to clear the space around you when you kick your transponder to 7700. FS9 just isn't quite up to the task :-lolRay

I think he was only refering to the EFIS ALTIMETER's ALT ALERT (Yellow) when one is approaching MCP altitude etc...[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/betaimg.jpgAMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | WD SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 |

Guest rserpieri

Hi Randy,thanks for your fast replying.That's what I'm refering of.The problem I have with the altitude alert is that...let say I set 5000 ft in the MCP and I'm climbing with flaps less than 25 I can ear and see the altitude alert sound and light when about 1000 ft below the selected altitude.If, example,I am flying at 10000 and I start my descent toward 5000(flaps 0 or anyways less than 25) i can't ear and see the altitude alert anymore!Do you know anything about my second question in the post?Thanks Roberto

Guest Zapper

>2.With the HYDRAULIC SYSTEM switched OFF,the flap lever won't>move and if you insist (pressing F6 or F7) it will move>momentarily giving a consequent movement of the flaps which I>think isn't correct since the system is not pressurized.Hi Roberto,n real aeroplane you can always move the flap lever but with loss of System B hydraulics you need to use the Alternate Flap Extension. This is a procedure called up in the QRH for loss of System B. It requires that you:Have speed below 230ktsSet the guarded Alternate Flaps Extension switch on overhead panel to ARMSet Flap Lever to each desired position and then use the toggle switch in the Flight Control Panel (Overhead) to drive the flaps out electrically.Be aware that IRL this is quite a slow process and it takes ages to get the flaps to 15degrees. In this emergency drill you only drive them to Flaps 15 for the landing as specified in the QRH.Also once the Flaps are out you can retract if necessary them but the Leading Edge Devices will remain in extended position and so limit you to max 230kts.I have just installed the -800 and it is a marvellous piece of kit. Even the Alternate Flap extension works!PMDG can't believe the fidelity of your product. I am amzed!Well Done,Brad Marsh

Guest rserpieri

Thanks Brad,very nice website!!I know what you mean with the alt flaps,but the thing I'm saying is that I think even if the hydraulic system is depressurized you should still be able to position the flap lever wherever you want and of course flaps shouldn't move...,but I can't!!!!!The other thing is that it seems like the system is still pressurized (all the hyd pumps are off) 'cause if you continue pressing F6 or F7 they will eventually move (do that and have a look at the flaps position indicator),how is it possible?My HYD SYS and the ALT FLAPS are OFF.Regards,Roberto