Sign in to follow this  
marcom

A few bugs...

Hi PMDG,Nice effort on the -800!Unfortunately, there seem to be quite a few bugs!!First of all, departure out of EDDB on the BELID 2S SID.I won't ellaborate on the obsolete parts of the procedure, I'll restrict myself to the problem part:The procedure calls for a right turn onto the 252 radial outbound from FWE (113.30)Take a look at this picture:http://users.skynet.be/mark.foti/VorLoc.jpgI'm flying in CWS as the autopilot would have wanted to track the radial inbound to the station. Note the FD trying to fight me!I'm not sure, but shouldn't the loc deviation indicator below the EADI be the other way around?Secondly, take a look at this screenie:http://users.skynet.be/mark.foti/Opt.jpgThe optimum level is ABOVE the max level! This can't be right.

Another one:Check out the altimeter!Here it is normal:http://users.skynet.be/mark.foti/Alt2.jpgNow cruising at the same level, a tiny deviation in altitude results in this:http://users.skynet.be/mark.foti/Alt.jpgAlso, the MA light above the left FD should not illuminate with the right AP on, as in that scenario the right FCC is master!

PS, no such thing as an EICAS on the 737! (Where's the Crew Alert System?)The displays are referred to as upper/lower DU (display unit).

Guest Lenny Zaman

Hey marcom,perhaps a misconception of the fact you have to input the reciprocural radial of the one you're tracking if flying outbound.That's how it work anyway, i know you're right in saying you're on radial 072 in that case but how would an autopilot know if you want to go to or from the station? no mind readers yet ;)so the best way is to input the radial matching your eventual 'track' even though that may not be the radial you'll be on.For the second one i can only confirm your statement, this can't be right, havent seen it myself thoughCheersLenny Zaman

Lenny, I was tracking the 252 radial outbound! That's why I did set 072 into the crs window.Regards,Mark

Oh dear, here's a big one!!When flying with both the autopilot on aswell as the flight director, disconnecting the autopilot will turn off the modes for the flight director!!(in my case LNAV and VNAV)Looking forward to a service pack, guys ;-)

Bugs continued...Turning the A/T on AFTER engaging VNAV (be it with AP or just FD) will put the A/T into ARM. You have to reengage the A/T for it to be coupled to VNAV.And before someone says I didn't mention my name, here you go:Mark

THe alternate flap extension switch moves the flap lever. This is totally unrealistic.Mark

Mark-want to give me steps to reproduce the altimeter issue? I couldn't get it to happen, no matter what I did - I went to 30000 feet, and played with up/down, everything... no luck.

Sure thing Lefteris!I was in VNAV the whole time with 30000 in the alt window.

Let me try and reproduce it and I'll tell you how I did it.Stby,MarkEDIT: it seems the 3rd digit (the hundreds) doesn't roll, but jumps.Can you confirm this?

OK here are a few more details:http://users.skynet.be/mark.foti/Alt3.jpgMy altitude is 30009 ft. I'm in a shallow descent and you can see the error in the altimeter.It also happened to my at around 29000 ft, so it seems to be a problem at multiple altitude. Also, it happens as soon as the first 3 digits are rolled into view.Regarding my statement that the 3rd digit doesn't roll, well it normally does but once it didn't?!Strange things happening.On a sidenote, I think you guys didn't model cruise descents? If you're flying at FL360 and you want to descend to Fl300 (for example to help trouble shooting :-)) using altitude intervention, you can't get back to VNAV CRZ :-(Regards,Mark

Nope - it rolls just fine here at this end... (and at the beta testers' end who tested it).What mode are you in? Full-screen? Window? Any details you can give me? Main Panel? Zoom Panel? Details PLEASE :-).

Zoom panel, full screen.Running a GeForce 4 MX 440.What else do you want to know?

Guest rserpieri

Dear Mark,first of all think about your position:you are about 14nm west of VOR 1.Second the radial is a "segment" that goes away from the VOR in a certain direction,and can be flown outbound or inbound.This means that to intercept the radial 252 outbound as you want to do,you are suppose to set 252 in your course selector and not 072 otherwise you'll tell the A/C(autopilot flight director system) that you want to fly it inbound.In the picture you showed the CDI(course deviation index) on both EADI and EHSI are working more than properly.........and so is the flight director.Try this and enjoy,Roberto

Dang, I think you're right!That confused me a lot! Thank God it didn't help in a real aircraft in IMC with terrain in the region!!!!Thanks for clearing that up,Mark

Also-what is your full-screen resolution? What about the display settings? Take a pic for me?Thanks,

Guest rserpieri

Hi Lefteris,I have a question about the Hydraulic system too.If it is depressurized (all the pumps off or during failures) I can't move the flap lever,which I don't think is right!And plus if I insist pressing F6 or F7,eventually the flaps position changes momentarily,how is it possible?Other bugs I have found are:1.Altitude alertDuring climbs is OK,I set the altitude to capture in the MCP and about 1000 ft below I ear and see it.....,but doing the same procedure during descents doesn't call me for 1000 ft above.2.Take off config It doesn't work for the trim,I even tried with trim in full scale position.Thank you for your support,Roberto

Guest rellehenk

and why can I use speedbrakes when both System A and B hydraulics are off?

Mark-thanks for posting those. I set them exactly as in your system, and this is the result, at the same MSL (30009ft):As you can see, I can't duplicate this, so I am worried that it's Geforce2 MX440 that's causing the problem - I see the fonts being very stretched vertically on your machine...http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/avsim/altRolling2.jpg

Guest Fredrik0099

Hey PMDG!First I wanna say really nice work on the 737-800.But I have been notice a few bugs on my 800.1. In the FMC/CDU I can

Guest LLgaz

Just to follow up on Mark's (marcon) problem. I have had a few successful flights now with the '800. The very first time I took off after installing, I got the engine failure just before V1, but (knock on wood) that hasn't happened again.Today, I did a flight from TAPA to TBPB and it went well. When descending using VNAV, the aircraft pitched up to slow down to 240KTS at 10000ft. I had 10000ft set in the MCP although my altitude restriction set in the FMC was 210kts, 2000ft at BGI. Anyway, as it should, the plane levels off at 10000ft and Alt. Hold engages. Only problem is that 4100ft was shown in the Altimeter window. That stayed for about 4 seconds then switched to 10000ft and it never happened again. I did another flight after that and never saw the problem again. The aircraft didn't change its attitude at all (it didn't suddenly pitch up to try to climb to 10000ft since the altimeter was saying 4100ft but that could be because alt. hold was engaged). Rather strange. But like I said, it never happened again on successive flights.I am using IWI scenery, Scenery complexity set to max, and autogen set to very dense. I have an AMD2200, T14600 and SoundBlaster Live! Value (more than 3 years old and still going strong). I am also using the Saitek X45.Unfortunately, I was unable to get a quick screenshot but if it happens again, I'll try to get one.