Sign in to follow this  
crvm

Some Problems Noted

It was stated back at the 600 release that indeed use of add-on weather programs could be a potentail issue. So of our beta team were on Active Sky's 2004 Beta team and can answer your questions about this more. I know many folks use both and with some tweaking through FSUIPC so maybe they can chime on in here. If you can post a screenshot the MOMENT you have the issue it would help out greatly.[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/betaimg.jpgAMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | WD SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 |

Per Randy's suggestion:Make sure you have tweaked FSUIPC to only allow gradule changes to the weather. I am not at home right now so can't give you exact verbiage of the functions. I have FSUIPC set to only allow changes to wind direction and speed 1 degree and 1 knot every 2 seconds. This helps in smoothing wind changes. There are other settings as well. Also, I noticed during the beta when external weather program significantly changes pressure; it can wreak havoc on autopilot automation (both NG and default MS aircraft).

Guest kevchris

Hello -I am a purchaser of the PMDG 737-600/700 series as well as the B1900 aircraft. Due to my complete satisfaction with these products, I purchased the newly released 737-800/900 product over the weekend.When the 737-600 was first released, I remember that many people were experiencing erratic rudder control and AP problems, particularly when a third party weather generating engine was used simultaneously. Later, a correction was issued - but I am not sure it was PMDG who issued it, as it may very well have been Active Sky who isolated the problem and issued a patch.First, am I correct in assuming that when downloading your new product it overwrote files from the previously installed 737-600/700?My issue is that I experiencing erratic control with all my PMDG 737 aircraft after I did the new installation. Specifically, when the plane reached cruise altitude while on autopilot, it suddenly pitched upwards and went into a stall. This never happened before with the 737-600/700 aircraft.I guess my question is: Are there any known bugs with the PMDG aircraft when used with Active Sky weather generator?I plan on test-flying again when I come home from work today, but wanted to leave this e-mail in case anyone else is experiencing this problem.Many thanks.

Guest kevchris

George - If you could walk me through via e-mail or posting, the exact changes I should make the FSUIPC values when you get home, I would appreciate it.Thanks very muchKevinKM56@comcast.net

Kevin et alIf you are running the latest AS 2004 any changes you do in FSUIPC will not be useful. AS 2004 uses FS9 local weather stations/cells to create the weather. FSUIPC options are all applicable to the global weather model that isn't used in AS2004 anymore.I was the AS2004 beta team member Randy was mentioning and I was testing both AS2004 and the NG at the same time. We could not find any bugs either program but the famous FS9 wind shift issue. It has been ironed out pretty much in the latest release of AS2004 (ver 1.92? check in the AS forum)But I know that the flight model in the NG is so accurate that it will not tolerate those abrupt wind changes that FS9 creates. You can smooth them out and I would encourage you to check out the neighbouring Active Sky forum for tips and tricks on how to tweak your system for a smooth a ride as possible.Hope this helps,