Sign in to follow this  
Guest EDSJ

double touchdown

Guest EDSJ

Hello Captains,i have a problem with my 800. If i touchdown on RWY every time i make a double touchdown. I haven't this problem with 600/700. i'll try all... Very Slow touchdown or anything... If talk about 2 other user's and they have the same problem, too. Is that a model problem?

Guest Exu

Hi;I noticed this too, when I do a full autoland in the 800/900, at touchdown, the aircraft bounces back up a bit, my autospoilers are armed (and deploy), autobrakes set at 2, comming in on Vref exactly spot on, and she bounces once, and this, on every landing.Not many pax cheer when I land.:-lolEric St-Louis

Funny I have never bounced! But really we are not in your cockpit and how you flew the 700 does not help since they are 2 different aircraft! General statements are not helpful please be more specific, what model 2d only? VC and cabin? What livery? What was your landing weight? Dual autoland? Ref speed is VREF + 5 MINIMUM! What flap settings on landing? Where were you landing? What season and what airfield? So please for us to help you be specific and give as much details as you can. [h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/betaimg.jpgAMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | WD SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 |

Hi guys,Just made a short flight with a full dual A/P autoland with the -800 2D model. GW was 64 something tonnes and the Vref was 148KIAS for final. Not a single bounce. Spot on.As Randy said, some more facts would be great for us to see what's going wrong.Cheers,

Guest Exu

I tried it with the American Airline 800 2D and VC, GW was 137.5 thousand pounds. vref was caclculated (15 SM from touchdown) at 144 in the FMC at 30 flaps, RW 24R, CYUL. I am using Active Sky 2004, but I don't think this is the problem. Tried the landings first at Vref + 5, and vref, dual channel AP full CATIII autoland, still bounces.Also tried a landing in live spot view, and I could clearly see that she goes back up and then down. ( saw two puffs of smoke from the main landing gears).Am I doing something wrong??:-zhelpEric St-Louis

Guest EDSJ

Ok,i have try it on many airports with and without scenery. Air-Berlin 2D and Virtual Cockpit with WL. 130 Knots, flap 40 and with 100feet/min... Thats not only my problem. 3 friends of me have the same problems. I fly manuell without AP and very very slowly... But every time double touchdown... I've the same problem as Eric. :(

Guest EDSJ

Ok,i have try it on many airports with and without scenery. Air-Berlin 2D and Virtual Cockpit with WL. 130 Knots, flap 40 and with 100feet/min... Thats not only my problem. 3 friends of me have the same problems. I fly manuell without AP and very very slowly... But every time double touchdown... I've the same problem as Eric. :(

Guest EDSJ

Ok Guys,with 135XXX lbs and 20% left 5% center and 20% right, full flaps (40

I really don't know nameless :-((Pst, please sign your posts with your real name as per the forum rules)I have yet to see the bouncing since I haven't seen it on any landing I've done yet.Wanna take us through your landing, step by step? Exactly everything, and I mean everything you do while on approach and finally landing.Can you also provide the aircraft.cfg for the aircraft you are experiencing this with?Cheers,

Guest BernBear

Well,I never experienced bounced landings in the 6/700, but the 8/900 bounces on pretty much every autoland.Here are the details for my latest landingContinental 900, 2d only, ZFW 137,000 lbs, landing weight 145,000 lbsLanding at KLAX ILS 7L, Flaps 40, VREF 141, wind correction +5, FMC speed 146, Speed over the threshold 146 KIAS. Wind 090/11Both APs on, both NAVs tuned to the correct ILS frequencyA/T disarmed at 20ft RADIO, very hard touch down, bounce.I have a very hard time getting the 8/900 down on autoland without bouncing, althought the 900 is much more "bounce-prone".I try to follow checklists to the letter, always cross the threshold at VREF+5, always with flaps 40 (I hear that's how it's usually donw with the 8/900)Best RegardsMax (Bern, LSZB)http://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004betateam.jpg http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/800driver.jpg

Guest Exu

Hi RandyI also bounce with the 800/900. In spot view , I do see the flare and then the bounce. I don't have this problem with the 600 (didn't try the 700 since upgrade)RegardsEric St-Louis

EricNot to be rude, but you mentioned this in your first reply in this post. ;-)Better if you provide us with a complete listing of what you do when you land. And I mean everything! ;-) Provide screenshots of your main and ocverhead panel, aircraft.cfg, screenies from the bounce, lists of what you where doing. Anything that will help us narrow down the cause for this behaviour!Thanks,

Guest Lenny Zaman

guys, i just landed from a very long haulerEBBR KJFK with a stop in CYQRjust landed in JFK, rwy 31L(raaaaaaiiiiiiiny :() did it 100% by hand ,not a bounce but thats not the issue i guess!i also did some autolands earlier on and i never had the bounce issue... what were your framerate when passing over the thresshold?if low, then it is normal that everything slows a bit down including the autopilot input, thus getting a little bounce wouldn't be awkward then.

This is really a difficult issue mainly because some do not see this bounce, logic tells me that if the aircraft is bouncing it is coming down too HARD so then I am wondering if there might be some wind componate issue that the A/T cannot deal with over the LTP since the A/T are going to IDLE. I would REALLY like these folks to try it without weather so we can narrow this down..[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/betaimg.jpgAMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | WD SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 |