Sign in to follow this  
744pilot

two questions regarding the FMC?

First Q: are there any tables of calculating cost index?second Q: Wat is the exact and correct collor for the Old collor FMC, Hapaq LLoyd still uses the old collor in there FMC.Thanks,EDIT: I also was wondering if in the side by side eicas display option is also the SYS. page avail to show or flight controls? Or does the real NG doesn't have that option?

1] I am not sure, I mean I have real ones but am not sure if PMDG have some in their manuals.2] No it does not, use the PFD option. A good one would be to select West Jet's config ;-) this also has the RA where the AOA is on others and it looks so cool. [h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/betaimg.jpgAMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | WD SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 |

CRVM,It had take a while before finding this post back, but it would be realy nice if you can send me that tables of cost indexing???If thats ok by you.Thx,

Guest kloker

RamonI asked two senior American Airlines pilots what values they use for the cost index and they both said they normally use 50% because it's the midpoint for both performance and efficiency.Keith

Huh....50%?This is not a variable to be selected by the pilot at random. The CI will be listed on the dispatch report which will then be input into the CDU by the flight crew. On occasion, it can be adjusted in flight with info from dispatch via ACARS. This is usually done for as a result of post t.o. implemented flow control, radically changing wx, or airport ops modifications (threat, fire, power ect.)

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

Guest tmetzinger

>Huh....>>50%?>>This is not a variable to be selected by the pilot at random. >The CI will be listed on the dispatch report which will then>be input into the CDU by the flight crew. On occasion, it can>be adjusted in flight with info from dispatch via ACARS. This>is usually done for as a result of post t.o. implemented flow>control, radically changing wx, or airport ops modifications>(threat, fire, power ect.)And would 50% be a cost index of 500? Seeing as the value is between 001 and 999?

Bill Bulfer's excellent B737NG FMC User's Guide contains a lengthy discussion of Cost Index. Alas, there are no tables, only a couple of specific graphs. Basically, Cost Index is the relative importance of time cost compared to fuel cost. A CI of 0 equals Max Specific Range (at ECON speed), while a CI of 500 equals Minimum Time. The wild card in this is the forecasted winds at cruise altitude which is unique to each flight and handled by the FMC. To quote Bill - "If you don't have a Cost Index that was arrived at in a scientific manner, you're simply using Cost Index as a means of choosing climb, cruise, and descent speeds." Higher CI = higher speeds. Since we're not paying for real fuel costs or associated flying hour costs, most of us are probably in this category. Indeed, a CI of 50 seems to be commonplace.I'd like to put in an unsolicited plug for Bill Blufer's manuals - the FMC Guide and the 737NG Cockpit Companion. URL is www.fmcguide.com. While somewhat pricey, they are what the real drivers carry in their flight bags.Jerry PostKORF

Question: Will the figures in the FMC from the CI change after a time. Because the fuel index changes also everytime. Mostly in Saudi Arabia, there most airlines buy there fuel.