Sign in to follow this  
oqvist

The performance fixes for the 600/700 for free thank you

This is from another thread that was locked before I could get a reply. So I thought I could post it here and hear what you think about this?Here it

Guest georg

Actually you are looking into it a bit differently than I do. You have the PMDG 600-700 product and also the service updates for free that PMDG has developed for it. The 800 and 900 is a new product and as a BONUS, it also upgrades the 600 and 700 planes to make you more happy. Would it be better if they didnt do anything with 600 700 at all? I think not. So, when you bought the first product you knew what you can expect and you know what you paid for. You didnt pay for the total new development that has been done with 800 and 900.

But from what I have read the vc fixes is going to be available for 800/900 customers in a specific patch? If not what is it that patch includes???

Guest tmetzinger

>There have been no updates made to the models of the 736/7,>performance of that product remains the same regardless if you>purchased the 738/9 update or not.John,I think he's referring to the increased performance of the sim as a result of the VC and panel optimizations you made for the 800/900.Having said that, I think that if one wants the new panel features for the 6/700(EFIS/MAP, TCAS, better performance) that are the result of NEW DEVELOPMENT by PMDG, one should pay for them.

Guest Ray CYYZ

"Did you enjoy your FREE MSFS 2000 performance fix when it shipped?"The answer is obvious."No I did not, but Microsoft was nice enough to at least knock something off the price of the new version that adds lots of new features."Is it PMDG's fault your computer is not fast enough? Should they ship you free hardware? Those of us who didn't like the performance saved our pennies and bought new hardware.Ray

Ray you are missing my point. To proove it I will post my sig and yes it do run FS 2004 just fine. Antec 550W Truepower2,3 Gig BARTON9800 PRO 1281 Gig of Corsair XMS 3200 memoryAbit NF7-S rev 2.002 WD SATA 150 10000 RPM Raptors in RAID 0 mode.1 WD 800 JB ATA 100 7200 RPM 8mb special edition No it

Guest rcarlson123

P

Guest tmetzinger

>Because of the similarities between the 600/700 product, and>the 800/900 product, PMDG is in a position to leverage some of>the work done on the 800/900 product to improve upon the>600/700 product. That doesn't change the fact that additional>work has been done, and they are 100% justified in charging>for it.>That's the best explanation I've heard so far. PMDG is absolutely legally/ethically/morally OK in not making the new panel available for 600/700 users for free.Bottom line, it's $23.00 USD, it's well worth it, everyone should buy it, even if (like me), you pretty much only fly the -700.

Guest rcarlson123

So you think that you did not get what you paid for with the 600/700? Many here, including myself, would disagree ... but that is for you to decide for yourself, since only you can determine or know what is an acceptable level of performance for an add-on aircraft installed in your specific computer.The fact remains, however, that PMDG had stopped actively developing improvements to the 600/700 product. Obviously, given the size of the customer base, the awards that have been won, etc., the majority would agree with PMDG's assessment that the 600/700 product was complete and at least on par with the product it is advertised and sold as.The fact that PMDG has taken advantage of similarities between the 800/900 and 600/700 products in order to make available (via purchase of the 800/900 product) further improvements (NOT bug fixes) to the 600/700 product, is really nothing more than evidence of their good business sense. They certainly don't "owe" those enhancements to owners of the 600/700 product ... at least not at zero charge. It can't be stated any simpler than to say that additional work was done (during development of the 800/900), consequently resulting in improvements to the 600/700 product, potentially taking it to a level above what you paid for, and they are entitled to compensation for that work. Period.P

Guest CaptTate

>Also I was very surprised the VC wasn

Guest Paul Heaney

No need to add to this, Ross covered it well.

Well if you can track my postings you may see that I from day one have had trouble with the performance of the 600/700 and haven