Sign in to follow this  
Guest GeoffC

Overstressed

Guest GeoffC

I was just doing a flight which ended with a MS overstressed failure. I have never had this before in the NG, and recently upgraded to the 800/900, which may or may not be a coincidence. It may be a one off, but flying VNAV in the past, as I was today has sorted any speed related issues.If this is unique to me I'm more than happy to carry on, do the flight again, and put it down to experience. I would just like to know if anyone else has had a similar issue.Just for the record I thing the NG is a great aircraft.Geoff

Geoff? Is that your name? You did not describe anything about what happened. Overstressed I assume you were diving and pulling? What exactly were you doing? [h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/betaimg.jpgAMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | Maxtor 6Y080M0 SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 | Windows Xp Pro | Windows Xp Pro 64 |

I had that ones.But do you fly with real world weather?I did....and in my flight it was realy turbulence, and then turb. penetration speed is M.770 (I'm not sure) and putt the ignitors in CONT. possision.What are your conditions???Hope it works,

Guest GeoffC

Randy,Yes that is my name why do you ask? I was under the impression that it was normal protocol in this forum to sign your name.In answer to what I was doing and Ramon's question, I was simply flying level at FL350 using real weather (Activesky 2004). I had set the speed in the FMC to .82 which I have done many times. I then noticed I was getting overspeed warnings so I reset the speed to .80. Shortly afterwards I get the "Aircraft Overstressed" message. Apart from the speed issue I was not aware of any other high G manouveres. If I remember correctly the wind was around 135 kts.The only other point is that I did a complete re-install of XP and FS2004 at the weekend, and as such everything is default.If this is a wierd one off I'm happy to forget it, I was just surprised that I've never seen it before and I've had the NG since it's earliest version.RegardsGeoff

FS has a funny way of changing wind directions very rapidly. If a tailwind that goes 135kt suddenly changes to 135kt headwind, you're in a big trouble since it adds 135kt to your airspeed.A very unpleasant bug, however not PMDGs fault.