Sign in to follow this  
Orlaam

Don't Have 800/900 Update? Why Not?

Who here is a current owner of the 600/700 but has yet to purchase the 800/900 package?Please keep your answers short and sweet. No rants against PMDG for it costing, just an answer as to why. Thank you,Chris

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Guest Philip Olson

Sadly I am one such person. The reason I do not own the 8/900 is because of a death in my family and then upon returning my bank really made a mess of my finances so I had to close the accounts, now I am in the process of finding another bank worthy of my business, after that is all set up I will purchase the 8/900. I feel naked, I feel sub human, I feel behind the times, am I even worthy to post here? Please Mr. Randazzo don't delete my post, really I am a good customer! :-lol I promise to buy it soon! I'll tell you though I am suffering everytime I read this forum and hear about the wonderful 8/900 package!Philip Olsonhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

Guest Skip M Fulton

I am yet to upgrade to the 800/900 model. Cost is not the issue, it is simply a matter that with my work I am travelling very often. I run everything off my laptop and its a work machine and not overly FS friendly. Purchasing the new model will come with my laptop upgrade.Skip

Guest Aeroplane Boy

HiI did`nt get the 800/900 yet because I wanted to be able to participate in interesting threads such as this.I`m gald I waited.;)Samuel

I haven't gotten the 800/900 yet because I am short of funds :( I will be purchasing it ASAP though....

Guest allblack

I thought about it, but didn't see the value in it.Hanging out for 747.Also, have a dial-up modem, and probably won't download succesfully.CheersTim

Guest Aeroplane Boy

TimDoes your dialup support 747 downloads better???;)Samuel

Guest G. Stone

Cost is the issue for me. Within the last couple of months I have purchased ActiveSky 2004, FSUIPC, and Ultimate Traffic along with the 600/700. I had to draw the line somewhere. It may become a birthday gift in August or a Christmas gift for myself.I forgot to mention I purchased FSBuild also, but I can't remember if that was early this year or late last year.

Guest allblack

Samuel,I'm hoping the 747 will be released on CD.If it isn't, I'm off round to PMDG with my new friend Bob the Baseball Bat!If it only comes via download, then a beautiful relationship will come to an end.Tim

Guest cool2bbj

Cost- I have been spending every cent on my flight training, the 737-600/700 was a gift from mom. But now that I passed my checkride (Yesterday! :) ), I may be buying it soon.

Guest sj3

Brandon: Congratulations on the PPL checkride!! It's an elite group you are joining and gets more elite from there. Can't say I'm a member but I sure respect those who have gone through this. Many happy flights.

What were you getting at in your post? Trying to read minds ;)

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Guest Arkydave

I'm very new to the NG, and still tackling the learning curve. Once I begin to feel as comfortable with my 737-700 as I do with the other planes I fly regularly, I'll be back here looking for justification for getting the 800/900.-- Dave

Guest jplieben

I haven't gotten the 800/900 update yet because I can't afford the bucks to upgrade both my RAM and operating system. I'm still using Windows ME and 256Mb of RAM. The 600/700 works well with FS2002 and my system. I get quirks trying to use the PMDG 600/700 with FS2004.The 600/700 is such a blast to use on FS2002 that I am not feeling deprived by not having the update.I bought FS2002 just so I could buy the PMDG 737 product. I had FLY! II and the PMDG 777 and 757 products. When I got MS Flight Simulator, I started flying 60% more -- easily.I suppose I'll bite the bullet when the 747 comes out and upgrade my system. I have too much fun with these PMDG products to sit on the sidelines too long.Jim Liebenstein

Guest helodrvr

I have not yet switched to FS 2004 due to all the add on sceneries and PSS Airbus. And I am still enjoying learning the 737 600/700, if I thought I could get it to run in FS 2002 I'd purchase it ASAP. :-) Chuck