Sign in to follow this  
Guest gomackay

"Creep" with parking brakes on in 737

Guest gomackay

Hi GuysFantastic Product - 1/2 way through my world tour and i only had the 900 a week!!Anyway - when I get in and start up, programming the FMS I find the plane creep sforward even at min throttle with the park brake on - am I doing something dumb?Let me re-phrase thatOn the 'righteous' authenticity I have experienced with your product to date, please can you let me know what I am doing rong?:-)Thanks again - and I am in the line for the 747 and anything else you guys bring out!

Guest gomackay

Hey thanks for the prompt responseI'll away and try it!

HiTry to re-calibrate your joystick throttle. A ground idle N1 of 20.3% or thereabouts is what you are expecting. This is a known MSFS issue.Hope it helps,

MatsIs it a known issue that when holding with the brakes and changing view to look out the side window the aircraft starts to move forward?The joystick shows 20.7% at idle.ThanksAndy b

No Andy, never heard of it...What's your load and aircraft. Are you using pedals with brakes and if so how are these configured?If you are light and driving the -600 and the brakes are not at a 100% I would think it is possible to be moving forward.Does the same thing happen with parking brake set?And does this only happen when you look out of the side window???Regards,

"Anyway - when I get in and start up, programming the FMS I find the plane creep sforward even at min throttle with the park brake on - am I doing something dumb?"Do you have enough pressure in your brake reservoir? (If your airplane has been standing a long time the pressure may have dropped to an unacceptable level. Make sure you "recharge" your brakes by switching on hydraulics.This applies to the real world... I haven't tried it in the sim yet.Cheers.Ian.

Guest gomackay

Many Thanks to ALL - I reckon the fact that I was flying with no PAX from Hawaii to NZ would account for the creep !

>No Andy, never heard of it...>>What's your load and aircraft. Are you using pedals with>brakes and if so how are these configured?>>If you are light and driving the -600 and the brakes are not>at a 100% I would think it is possible to be moving forward.>>Does the same thing happen with parking brake set?>>And does this only happen when you look out of the side>window???>>Regards,HiCouldn't tell you the load but I was in the 737-700. I am not using pedals with brakes.I use a button on the joystick and the parking brake holds the aircraft. Only happens looking out the side window.Will try again and take down more details next time I fly the 737-700 or - 800.Andy bThanks