Sign in to follow this  
byork

Panel.cfg and 737NG Update

Hi,Before installing the just released 737 update, I renamed my panel.cfg to preserve changes I made to it.I assumed (my mistake!) that the update installer would simply create a new panel.cfg file. It didn't.I got an error mssg at the end of the install saying it couldn't find the panel.cfg file.Long story short, what I did was rename my old panel.cfg file back to "panel.cfg".After doing a couple test flights, everything seems to work fine.What changes did you make to the panel.cfg file?Anything that I should be concerned about not having?Thanks,Bryan

Guest OneTinSoldier

Bryan,Sorry I can't answer your question. But I thought I would try and help you for such future endeavors.'Drag and Drop' the panel.cfg file right back into the same folder and a file called 'Copy of panel.cfg' file will be created.Or... (the method I prefer)Copy the panel.cfg file to another folder. Rename it to something like 'panel.cfg.old' or maybe 'panel.cfg.bak', whatever you like. Then move this file back into the 'Panel' folder. Then you'll still have a 'panel.cfg' file.In other words, no file will be missing, and, you still have all your changes in the backup you made. Then after you have run the update you open up both your backed up file(panel.cfg.bak) and the newly updated panel.cfg. Then you can easily look for changes between the two files. And you can simply highlight the changes, that you made from your old backed up file, and paste them into the newly updated file.To go even further, what I do before making any changes is copy my panel.cfg file to another folder. Then rename it to 'panel.cfg.orig'. Then move it back into the 'Panel' folder. Then I make changes to the panel.cfg file. Then before I run an update, I rename panel.cfg(remember, I made changes to this file) to panel.cfg.bak, then rename panel.cfg.orig to panel.cfg. Then I am ready to run the update.It's all about file manipulation and making sure you keep clean copies of the orginals, hehe.Hope that helps. Again, sorry I can't really answer your original question. Hopefully someone else will be able to help you out there. You could possibly just reinstate your panel.cfg file and then run the update again.Cheers,Jim