Sign in to follow this  
Guest evilcybrosis

What Should I Upgrade to?

PSUs vary, some will give you +/- 5V & 12V dead on. Some will fluctuate all over the place. It is more than Volts, the Amps will jump around. Power is Amps * Volts and so if one or both is jumping then you give you electronics different power levels. This creates inductance in the lines and devices, also causes capacitance to build and then it will fluctuate and fry something that has too much electricity in it.So if you have a PSU that handles fluctuations, then the less problems of stress your components.

Put it this way if you buy a $15 PSU it is going to act like it. Any of your better brands are going to cost you anywhere from about $60 for the 430W to $100 for the 550W. There are some that are better and some that are worse. Again do your research, read forums, and read reviews.

________________________________________________________________________________

i9 10800K | 16GB RAM | RTX 3080 | Windows 10 | 

Saitek x-45 | Bravo Throttle | Alpha Yoke | CH Pedals | Logitech Radio Panel | SmoothTrack | AAO

Guest Buck Bolduc

>Hi Buck>>I have looked around and found the following system for

Guest Buck Bolduc

>Hi it's >>yeah it's Kingston RAM, i'm not sure what PSU it is, What sort>of difference does the Brand of the PSU make?>>Peter--------------------------------------------PeterOne has to be carefull when looking at PSU specs. Beware of some that use combined power in the specs. For example a combined power PSU that claims a rating of (for example) 400 watts combined usually has a MAX output rating thats about half of a quality PSU, dont be fooled. I see some cheapo 450 watt units that are only rated for 10 amps on the 5 volt rail, etc.The Antec 430 watt True Power series is about the best I have found.Examples:Antec 430 watt MAX output = 410watts cheapo = 300wats " " " 5 volt rail Amps = 18 cheapo = 10 amps.Those are just a few of the differences!The Antec True Power 430 sells for approx., $60.00 us.The problems show up when you start adding stuff, i.e. DVD burners HD's etc.Good LuckRegards

Guest zanadu6365

Personaly I have to say I am an intel dude.I have the P4 3gig, with 1 gig of ram. and a nvidia g-force FX 5700I have all my sliders maxed out, weather, scenery, AI traffic,everything.and I get 19.7 fps (locked at 20) so if you was to ask me,I'd say go with an intel. but then, I am not a amd person, always had trouble with the ones I had. but then like stated before, to each thier own. some like amd, some like intel, ati and nvidia. but theat my two cents worth.

Guest evilcybrosis

Hi Guy's againWell i've bought the Following: so hopefully that flight from Orlando KMIA to Montego MKJS should take a little less than the 3:30 minutes it took me with the lame tortoise that is the current computer. AMD 64bit 3200+ (with heatsin and fan)ASUS KV8 Mobo using the VIA K8T800 chipset1024 MB of RAM (2X 512 mb PC3200 (Vdata))HIS ATI Excalibur ICE Q Radeon 9800 PRo XT 128MBE-tech PSU at 460WJust as a foot note i have improved the speed of the old one, it just means there is no buildings, trees, taxiway signs, roads, clouds, reflect..... (Fades off into the distance)Thanks again Peter Crease