Sign in to follow this  

Who would pre-order the MAAM-SIM Gmax R4D and B-25?

Hi Guys and Gals (I hope you aren't the only one of the latter, Heather!) :-)I got a suggestion the other day from a loyal MAAM R4D Team supporter, Mike Blier. Here it is:"...I am the proud owner of three (3) copies of the MAAM R4D CD and will buy the next version with out a doubt. As to the current problem of money for MAAM. I have no problem at all donating to MAAM by buying more products however may I suggest you try the following:Accept pre-orders for BOTH the R4D GMAX and the B25 (I dunno, $25.00 each??) with the understanding that if all of you guys die or the groups break up or you just plain get fed up with the project the orders are NOT refundable. I for one will whip out my credit card TODAY and pre-order both and MAAM will get their money now with no risks. (Ok, I am sure some ***hole out there will cry bloody murder if the product isn't delivered for whatever reason). I don't know how much of a headache this would be for you guys to keep track of (or perhaps MAAM) but I would certainly love the idea as I really don't need any more R4D cd's "+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++I have to tell you, that I have always resisted the pre-order suggestion everytime it comes up, but this sounds pretty good to a museum that had budgeted for expected revenues, only to have them snatched away at the last moment. I talked to Russ, Pete, and Fred (webmaster, not programmer Fred) at the museum, and we think this may not be a bad idea at all. The extra, sudden workload it would put on Pete and Fred was the down-side. Then my loyal flightsim widow, Vicki (aka Grandma, with 10 days seniority), said that she would take on handling as much of it as could be remotely done at home while she's on summer vacation from the school system. So what I want to know is, what do you guys and gals think of Mike's brainstorm? Would you be willing to bet on the MAAM-SIM Team of Rambow, Visser, and Banting to deliver the goods at some unspecified date, with no guarantees except for our thanks and that of the whole MAAM orgaization? Would you put your discount donation of, say $20 plus the normal $4.95 world-wide shipping charge on the line, credit card, cash, or check to have one of the very first Gmax R4D and / or B-25 discs out of the burner show up in your mailbox? Let us know. If you guys like the idea, MAAM will be happy to set up the apparatus to take your money. :-) Such an influx of cash -think of it as a loan to MAAM would be a godsend. And my wife will stop complaining she never sees me, since she'll be glued to a computer in the same room. The only one to suffer will be me, as V is addicted to endless reruns of "I Love Lucy" and "Leave it to Beaver". There goes my History Channel! But hey, I'm an old combat grunt :-sword I'll take another one for the cause - what the heck! So let's hear from ya! You know where to find me. And thanks to Mike for the great idea. You could be a MAAM hero, buddy. I know you said you did not want a freebie leftover Gmax R4D CD in return, but could I interest you in a ride in a B-25J named "Briefing Time" hmmmmmm?????? I kid you not! Bill RambowMAAM-SIM"The R4D Team"

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org

I would be willing to whip out my credit card and order both today.

I'll signup for both whenever you want. Great idea! - Trip

Please count me in too. Richard Ball

No matter how much I like the R4D, I never pay in advance por anything. Life is tough for everybody. If you can't convince a bank to give you money up front, you can't convince me.It's my personal policy and I'm sure you will consider it as respectable as the others. I encourage you to develop the product as soon as possible, so we see what we buy.

Bill, I would pre-order both immediately if given a chance, plus donate a bit extra into the MAAM engine fund right away. Email to you is in your mailbox on this subject.Regards,Chip Jones,Nightwolf Air Service/Tongass Air FreightDC3-099 and WolfAir7

Bill,Sounds like a good idea to me. I'm in.Doug Dawson

Guest DrBob

I would be happy to pre-order and donate again to the cause. However the true people donating are you folks developing the product. We are donating $25 but you folks are donating months of time not to mention the aggravation of dealing with the whiners and complainers.Bob S Reno, NV

>So what I want to know is, what do you guys and gals think of Mike's brainstorm?Good idea. Do it yesterday ;)

I will order both tommorrow Bill.ThanksBobP :)

Count me in.Even if the unthinkable happens and these aircraft never materialize in flight sim form, I would not consider my money "wasted" as it will be used to preserve and maintain a piece of our aviation history. And that could never be considered a waste.Regards,Mike CollierKPHX[table border=1 bgcolor=#eeeeee][tr][td rowspan=2] http://avsim.com/flightdeck/images/Radar_small.gif[/td][td] America West Airlines and proud to be a Beta Tester of[link:www.jdtllc.com]Radar Contact]The premiere ATC adventure add-on for FS

As I said in the other thread, Yes I will pre-order if given the chance. How much for the ride in "Briefing Time"?:) I see it every year at the WWII weekend.