Sign in to follow this  
Henni

HOLD function and procedure turns

Hi vCaptains,who can explain to me what I have to do if I want to fly a HOLD at the present position. I know how to insert a HOLD at a certain waypoint, but last time I flew online the instructor told me to fly a HOLD over the present position.At that moment I was not shure if there is a way to enter that into the FMC.Second thing:How would you insert a procedure turn into the FMC?What do you insert?Thanks for the helpHenni

Holding at Present Position selects the airplanes present position as the holding fix. Only displayed during flight when not in a holding pattern. Must have Lnav engaged.To hold at Present Position, push Hold, select line 6R, PPOS, and execute.Floyd

Thank you Floyd,good to know that you must be in LNAV mode.I was on vectors, so HDG mode was selected. Maybe that's why there was no PPOS option at the HOLD page. Must check that!Any hints for the procedure turn for me?GreetingsHenni

Henni,You can't enter a procedure turn into the FMC. Procedure turns can not be flown in LNAV. Has to be flown manually, with CWS R or with HDG mode In the real thing procedure turns can only be entered as a part of a terminal procedure through the FMC databases. In the PMDG NG the procedure turn is not implemented IIRC. Hope it helps,

Mats on it like Neil Bonnet...........Best Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]http://www.rawbw.com/~bdoolin/shinault/Animation1.gifCaution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)AMD 64 3200+ | NEC LCD 1980SXi 19" | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | Maxtor 6Y080M0 SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 | Windows Xp Pro |

:-outtaAnd who in the hall is Neil Bonnet???TGIF, :-beerchug