Sign in to follow this  
jimimac

stutters when flying the 737/600/700

i get a lot of stutters when flying the 747/600/700 my system specs are athlonxp2.8cpu fx5900graphics card running at 8x anti-aliasing and 512pc3200ram, is the stutters caused by the high anti-aliasing setting or only having 512ram,both the scenery density and autogen density are set at dense. thanks jim

thank you,Jim

Asus Prime Z270-P| I7700k@4.6| 16gDDR4 3000 VengLpx|

Corsair H115aio Cooler| Evga GeForce 1080gpu|Corsair Rm750

Guest rvdlaak

there are quite a few suggestions on this, so an advanced search would probably yeild more, but here is a quick solution I had on this one, (based on a variety of results on the search on this forum) which helped me so its worth a try ....1. i reduced the AGP aperture (in the BIOS on bootup) from the default 64MB to 32MB. (you have to play around with this for your setup, my ATI card did not like anything less than 32)2. I have unchecked the Extended terrain textures in FS93. I normally don't carte about the water settings so that is at none. the rest in pretty maxed out (apart from clouds where I use 30% 3D detail) and it works well/4. also ... make sure the antialiasing is done by the card and not FS9 (uncheck the box in FS9).its a start anyhow :-)cheers,Ronniehttp://ronnie.vandelaak.com/baw644.gif

hi ronnie can you tell me what happens when you reduce the agp aperture, i also have the antialiasing in fs9 checked so i will uncheck and see how things go, so you dont think i need more ram?

thank you,Jim

Jim,I'm quite sure you need more RAM. When I fly the 737, only the fs9.exe process takes up to 600 MB alone (not even talking about XP). It is better to have 1 GB of RAM if you fly these complex planes.Alex

thanks alex im gonna definetly get some more ram jim

thank you,Jim

Jim,I have also noticed some time ago that if you have Sygate Personal Firewall up and running, it creates a framerate-drop (stutter) in every second. Now this is a very predictable thing, it ONLY occurs if the firewall is up, and it does this EVERY second. Now if you rather have unpredictable stutters, way different than mine, than you should not bother at all with my reply.BTW I changed to ZoneAlarm, and stutters are now gone.Cheers,

Guest speight

I found, a long time ago, that most add-on sceneries cause stutters when they come into your view! When I revert to default sceneries, the stutters are gone!Other thing that cause stutters, are things like auto updates by microsoft or a-virus/fire-wall software, switching them to manual update seems to do the trick.