Sign in to follow this  
flightsimmer747

altimeter setting and a few other guages are too small.......

They are too small and not readable what can be done about this is there are way to make them clearer or more focused?p.s. I'm new to the forums and i just purchased the pmdg and I feel really lost it seems so complicated.

Guest Johto

What resolution are you using? You should try to run close as you can of the native resolution of the panel. 1280x960 would be the best bet.

Guest frankathl

Is that the native resolution of the panel?I am running at 1600x1200. Better or worse?BR,Frank

Frank,I am running at 1600 x 1200, but that's because my LCD native resolution is 1600 x 1200. I did read that the PMDG panel was desiged in 1280 x 960, but with my LCD screen it all gets fuzzy. Plus the rest of the sim looks so much better at the higher res anyway. Bottom line, I have no issues with the PMDG panel at 1600 x 1200. Looks amazing as far as I am concerned.Regards,Glenn Harrall

>They are too small and not readable what can be done about>this is there are way to make them clearer or more focused?>>p.s. I'm new to the forums and i just purchased the pmdg and I>feel really lost it seems so complicated.Since you are new maybe you missed the required reading anchored at the top of this forum here that tells one that they must sign their real names to the posts on this forum, please take a moment to go over this here http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=136&topic_id=65744&mesg_id=65744&page= You did not say what aircraft you are talking about? 800-900 package? If so you can change to the PFD/ND style through the in game PMDG/STYLES menu. You can use the ZOOM panel by pressing Z. You can lower your resolution to 1024x768 (if you have a monitor that supports this i.e. CRT or good LCD that scales without too much distortion) Or for 19.95 you can be the very first customer to purchase my all new fs20004 MaGnofyer 2000! Yes point & click anything in FS to 1000X it's normal size! Ok JK lol...Best Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]http://www.rawbw.com/~bdoolin/shinault/southparkcartmad.gif[h3]I WANT MY 747![/h3]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)

Guest frankathl

I agree, Glenn, the gauges look fantastic.The only thing I noticed is that, even at this resolution there are some (slight) jaggies on the glareshield(the bit that slopes) and the vertical of the window frame in the middle. Can these be eliminated? I'm using an ATI Radeon 9800 128Mb video card.BR,Frank

Frank,I have the jaggies on the glareshield too. Nothing you can do about it as far as I know. (also have 9800 Pro)Regards,Glenn Harrall

Guest frankathl

Thanks, Glenn.You more or less forget them, anyway, when you flying this great plane! :-)BR,Frank