Sign in to follow this  
lefteris

747-400 demonstration in Birmingham, 27NOV04

Guest mruane

Hi LefterisWell I am 12,000nm away in New Zealand so how do you think I feel :-( Now I must go see my parents and ask why they emigrated here 45 years ago. PS The suggestion about a webcam has merit.

I understand that a webcam may not be easy enough to setup and that this format might not be the best to present the day's events.But, how about a mini-blog? You could post here some of the 747 & other PMDG information as it is presented at the show and also some screen-shots.Thanks from the rest of us that can't make the show,Jason

Guest tango_d

I wonder what we'll get ?HEHE - I'm off there now, we'll see what our good friends have to say.....watch this space I guess,RegardsEddy:-cool

Guest Marc Harrington

I'll be putting up the screenshots LK will show at the presentation on our homepage later this weekend.Cheers!

Lefteris,Many thanks for an excellent presentation, this project looks vey very nice, even for a mid stage Alpha. Keep the excellent work up, and I look forward to sometime next year when she is ready!Again Keep up the great work, and many thanks for the excellent Presentation.

Guest cargo747

Hello everyone,so, its Saturday afternoon..Judging on the replies of people attending the event, looking forward seeing some new screen-shots or pics taken during the show...Anyway, patience is the game :-)Cheers,Norbert - CLX001CEO Virtual Cargoluxwww.virtualcargolux.orgpmdg_banner.gif

Guest BAW347

Great presentation, Lefteris. Got to get this one. Sadly though, not this Christmas.Martin Plain

Guest tango_d

Hi Lefteris,Just a quick note to say - It was a pleasure to meet you, and thanks for giving such an excellent presentation. Yep - We're gonna have to wait, but I for one am more than happy to wait for the best !!Well done to ALL the PMDG team so far, for ALL your hard work. The 747 looks absolutely fantastic !So many features to learn - my wife is gonna divorce me for sure over this one !! :-lol Very best wishes to you all from North Wales !!Eddy

Is that all you took! lol Looks fantastic, can't wait for other shots to be uploaded :-)

Alaister Kay

Yes, thanks for an excellent demo.Not sure I should say too much about what went on but here goes:There was >100 people in the room. First we saw the external model in PMDG colours with all doors opening.This was followed by a demo of the various level of 2D cockpit lighting which were very impressive - 4 levels in total (including daylight).The panel save function was demonstrated by setting various fuel valves and pumps in abnormal condition and then loading a save file which restored them back to the state in the file.The fuel consumption is very accurate (within 2%) and the fuel system is accurately modelled not using the standard FS fuel systems. Behaviour of warnings etc is modelled with great accuracy - a few errors in the current 747-400 benchmark have been spotted and corrected.The aircraft can fly over the poles.One thing I forgot to ask about is the VC - sorry.A brief mention of future products was made - dont think I should say too much. Altogether a superb piece of work.I hope I havn't said anything out of order.

Regards

Howard

H D Isaacs

Guest cfso1633

There're quite a few, actually...but I'm not sure if PMDG will be happy with that...I'll upload all those photos I took if no one minds.