Sign in to follow this  
Guest meyomyx

Hmm. Don't make tea and let the copilot fall asleep!

Guest meyomyx

So off you trot to pour out your cup of tea ........ seems as though the copilot fell asleep too!This sort of thing only started since changing to Activesky. Seem to often be plagued with monster wind shifts - the sort that either drops your speed to that of a glider ...... or an F15. Only option left to disable winds aloft so it would seem. I'll keep playing!http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/102412.jpg

If you have FSUIPC theres a setting to limit the rate of wind change. I have mine set to 3 seconds - the wind will change direction by 1 degree or speed by 1 knot every three seconds. Seems to do the trick.-Phil Brown

Guest meyomyx

Thanks for that. I must admit I'm not a "registered" FSUIPC user - perhaps I should be. if it fixes the problem, that would be good!Cheers

No need to have the full FSUIPC program to avoid the winds of (too much!) change. Just make sure you have the latest FSUIPC version (3.44 I believe) and the AS2004.5 update (the beta is good too), which address this issue that plagued earlier versions of AS2004. I find with these two versions that winds change no more than 5 degrees / 3 kts per second, which is tolerable enough for the 737NG's autopilot.Gary

Guest meyomyx

Thank you - I'll try it out :)