Sign in to follow this  
Guest volkerts

Thrust 'hold' mode

Guest volkerts

Hi,I noticed something strange during a rejected take-off. Just like in real life the autothrottle system changes to 'hold' mode at about 80 knots. The reason for this is that in case of a RTO the throttles can be easely retarded without the autothrottle system trying to maintain TO-thrust.BUT, when I make a RTO in the PMDG 737 (beyond 80 kts, so within the 'hold' mode)) the throttles are moving rapidly up to TO-thrust as soon as I release the F1 key. Please note that I'm not using a joystick.Does anyone know if this is a limitation or known problem of the aircraft or if I'm doing something wrong?Thanks in advance,Niels

Niels,You need to deactivate the Take Off mode by Right Clicking on the MCP Screw that you used to activate the TO/GA mode. That will kidk the Autothrottles off as well as engaging the Autobrakes if the speed is appropriate.RegardsPaul Gollnick :-cool Technical Operations/Customer Operational SupportPrecision Manuals Development Groupwww.precisionmanuals.comhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/devteam.jpg

Paul Gollnick

Manager Customer/Technical Support

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg

Niels,In a real 737NG REJECTED TAKEOFF, the procedure is to disengage the AUTO THROTTLE at the same time the thrust levers are brought back to idle. This prevents the auto flight system from trying to reset takeoff thrust which will happen in a real 737NG.When doing a REJECTED TAKEOFF in the PMDG 737NG, turn the auto throttle off a slit second before bringing the thrust levers back to idle. Should work fine and is more realistic.You do not need to deactivate the TO/GA mode.Floyd

>Niels,>>In a real 737NG REJECTED TAKEOFF, the procedure is to>disengage the AUTO THROTTLE at the same time the thrust levers>are brought back to idle. This prevents the auto flight system>from trying to reset takeoff thrust which will happen in a>real 737NG.>>When doing a REJECTED TAKEOFF in the PMDG 737NG, turn the auto>throttle off a slit second before bringing the thrust levers>back to idle. Should work fine and is more realistic.>>You do not need to deactivate the TO/GA mode.>>Floyd> You must certainly right click on the TOGA for RTO to activate on the PMDG.[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]