Sign in to follow this  
Guest teeloo

Blue Box in VC

Guest teeloo

HelloThe other day on a long flight I got myself carried away with ActiveCamera.Flying in the 737NG 2D and VC only, I 'slewed' myself out of the cockpit. It's quite a nice look to see the cockpit-only flying in the sky (especially at night).Nice piece of hardware that anyone here, would love to have at home.Basically a stripped down 737NG simulator is what you are looking at. :-)Underneath the throttle quadrant I found a small square Blue Box. It sits there out of anybodies view from within the cockpit.PMDG: what is that Blue Box for? Reference point? regardsTeeloo

Guest thscholz

>If you open it, magical things can happen ;-)>Hey, what's this? 'Kings Quest XXI'? Do you need the blue box to get to the next level?:-lol CheersThomas

Guest teeloo

Magic?I think the magic is above it.... the PMDG 737NG cockpit, that's magic enough for me :-)It's probably PMDG secret Blue prints.....The next level is 747... But as it isn't released, yet, the blue box remains untouchable ;-)Still wonderting dudes... or is this trade mark... ;-)regardsTeeloo

Guest Daniel Pimentel

I would assume it was a reference point to build up on... I'm quite uneducated when it comes to modelling though, so don't take my word for it.Plus, who cares about the blue box? I'm just hoping Vin will put the #### pogo stick on the 747 somewhere as an easter egg! :-lolDaniel P.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/ng_driver.jpgMember of SJU Photography. [A HREF=http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=9004]Click Here[/A] to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!The official psychotic AA painter. :)

Guest teeloo

I care enough about this box to make a topic out of it.It has a magic influence on me... like the movie 2001 (Oddesy?)... ;-)First thing I'll do on the PMDG 747 is checking for the blue box :-)Teeloo

Ive seen a small purple/pink box behind the backup Altimiter!

Cheers,
Ryan

Professional Coffee Drinker/BAe146 Driver
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer