Sign in to follow this  
Guest james320

Upgrading to WindowsXP SP2 and FS9.1

Guest james320

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but I seem to remember hearing that PMDG users who had upgraded to Windows XP SP2 and/or FS9.1 had experienced problems.I fly:PMDG B737-600/700/800/900 with all updates installed.FS2CrewActive Sky 2004.5Active CameraAre there like to be any issues after installing SP2 and 9.1???Many thanks,

James,The problems you've heard about are likely to be the ones you get if you don't read the upgrade manual. The reading and understanding of the upgrade is crucial for a successful FS9.1 with add-ons.None of the add-ons mentioned have any problems with FS9.1 if you do everything according to the manuals. Active Camera needs updating. Read the instructions (carefully) on their web site.ADDED: WinXP SP2 should just be to install. No effects on FS or add-ons as I recall.Good luck,

James, I have the PMDG B737-600/700/800/900 with all updates installed along with FS2Crew, Active Sky 2004.5, and Active Camera. I have installed both SP2 and FS9.1, and I have had no problems at all.

Gary M.

| PPL ASEL |

System Specs: W11 Pro, Corsair 4000X Mid Tower, Z790 Aorus Master Motherboard, i9-13900KF, 64 GB DDR5 SRAM, RTX 4090, Dell AW3821DW Monitor, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, MFG Crosswind Pedals,TrackIR

Guest bobsk8

No problem with FS 9.1, in fact it improved FS9. Windows SP2, on the other hand was a disaster for me, and I had to uninstall it and use system restore to regain a sim that was usuable. Never again will I install a Windows SP. I already have an excellent firewall and security and I needed SP2 like a fish needs a bicycle. :)