Sign in to follow this  
Guest ekchflyer

REALISTIC VIEW HEIGHT!!

Guest ekchflyer

HI The only thing you have to do is press the numbers at the same timelike 5 and 1 together.Hope it helps best regards kenn:-)

Guest ekchflyer

feb.11 2005Please try these settings and write what you think about them!!!!Best regardsKenn Larsen:-) :) :-) PANEL.CFG:[VIEWS]VIEW_FORWARD_ZOOM=0.69VIEW_FORWARD_WINDOWS=20,21,22,23,24VIEW_FORWARD_DIR=3.6,0.0_,0.0VIEW_FORWARD_RIGHT_ZOOM=0.69VIEW_FORWARD_RIGHT_WINDOWS=30VIEW_FORWARD_RIGHT_DIR=4.4, 0.0, 40VIEW_RIGHT_ZOOM=0.69VIEW_RIGHT_WINDOWS=34VIEW_RIGHT_DIR=4.4, 0.0, 90VIEW_REAR_RIGHT_ZOOM=0.69VIEW_REAR_RIGHT_WINDOWS=35VIEW_REAR_RIGHT_DIR=4.4, 0.0, 120VIEW_REAR_WINDOWS=36VIEW_REAR_LEFT_ZOOM=0.69VIEW_REAR_LEFT_WINDOWS=33VIEW_REAR_LEFT_DIR=8.6, 0.0, 219VIEW_LEFT_ZOOM=0.69VIEW_LEFT_WINDOWS=32VIEW_LEFT_DIR=8.6, 0.0, 275VIEW_FORWARD_LEFT_ZOOM=0.69VIEW_FORWARD_LEFT_WINDOWS=31VIEW_FORWARD_LEFT_DIR=8.6, 0.0, 310VIEW_DOWN_WINDOWS=37VIEW_DOWN_DIR=11.0, 0.0, 0.0VIEW_REAR_RIGHT_UP_ZOOM=0.69VIEW_REAR_RIGHT_UP_WINDOWS=39 // RIGHT WING VIEW // BEHINDVIEW_REAR_RIGHT_UP_DIR=5.40, 0.00, 67 VIEW_REAR_RIGHT_UP_EYE=1.00, -0.40,-26.00 VIEW_REAR_LEFT_UP_ZOOM=0.69VIEW_REAR_LEFT_UP_WINDOWS=40 // LEFT WING VIEW // BEHINDVIEW_REAR_LEFT_UP_DIR=5.40, 0.00, -67VIEW_REAR_LEFT_UP_EYE=1.00, -0.40, -27.00VIEW_FORWARD_LEFT_UP_ZOOM=0.69VIEW_FORWARD_LEFT_UP_WINDOWS=41 // LEFT WING VIEWVIEW_FORWARD_LEFT_UP_DIR=5.40, 00.00, -90VIEW_FORWARD_LEFT_UP_EYE=0.23, -0.40, -18.00VIEW_FORWARD_RIGHT_UP_ZOOM=0.69VIEW_FORWARD_RIGHT_UP_WINDOWS=42 // RIGHT WING VIEWVIEW_FORWARD_RIGHT_UP_DIR=5.40, 0.00, 90VIEW_FORWARD_RIGHT_UP_EYE=0.90, -0.43, -18.00

Guest captbulldog 2

Can I see the before/after comparision pic?

Guest ekchflyer

The first is before (106480)After (106481)kenn

Hi Kenn,Tried your newly configured views and they are very good and gives you what appear to be a much more realistic view out of the cockpit, great work!!One question though, there seem to be a border at the edges where you see what is "behind" the view picture - ie you see the ground move under you. This is true for all inside the cockpit views except for the forward view. Is there a way to fix this and do you understand what I mean? A bit hard to describe, can send a screenshot if neccesary.All the best,

Richard Åsberg

very nice side views and wing views, but are we supposed to keep the zoom at .69 It makes it a little hard for me to make approaches unless the zoom is normal at 100%Jeff USAF

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

Guest derrfly

Interesting idea, new 2D panel views but can you show us an example?A before and after view, please! :-hah

Guest ekchflyer

Hi! I am afraid that I dont understand what you mean, can you please give me some more information!!kenn:-)

Guest ekchflyer

Hi!! JeffI had the same problem before, but the thing is that 100% zoom is way to much, and zoom .68% zoom is more realistic.If you look at real pictures of the runway you will see that it fits more with 0.68 then 100%.So practice a few times and I will bet my old grandmother, that you will like 068 more then 100% zoom.Kenn Larsen

Guest ekchflyer

Hi Boaz!!You can also assign the wing views through key asssignments menu-5+1 is look rear up left5+7 is look forward up left5+3 is look rear up right5+9 is look forward up rightHope this is usefull!!!Kenn:-)

Here is a screenshot but unfortunately I noticed it's very hard to see the problem in a screenshot, and especially when you have to shrink the image so it can be uploaded here.Like I said I don't know how to describe the issue, but lets say you look to the right. At the far edges of the screen/view the "picture" of the right view with the FO chair, his part of the MCP and so on wasn't big enough to cover the whole screen which resulted in a very small line at the far edges (in my case only the bottom and right edge of the screen) showing the scenery behind which looked a bit strange...especially when the a/c was moving and you could see the terrain underneath.In the screenshot, I have replaced the small line with a thicker red line just to make it more easy to show you what I'm talking about.Anyway, I have now solved the problem by adjusting my monitor screen settings one notch to the right and one notch down which solved the problem.Again, when it comes to your views they are really great Kenn and I must say it's interesting how easy you can raise the sence of realism and beeing in the cockpit for real :-)!!

Richard Åsberg

Guest meyomyx

KennThese are very good indeed. At last I can taxi! (I'm a 2d panel user) Anyone reading this post who hasn't - update your panel.cfg file.PMDG - put this text file on your download site please.Regards

Guest ekchflyer

Well I have never seen that in my views, and I thought you ment that the forward-view was raised too much!!!Im glad that you solved your problem!!Kenn:-) :-) :-)

Guest eddm

Hi Kenn,thank you very much for sharing your knowledge with us.I tested your settings -the last posted from you-and drop it on my 737-700 panel.cfg. In my case it is a real improvement. The taxiing, take off andapproach gave me a more clear and overall better view with your settings. I have always had the feeling to have a look outside from the2D-panel from a little box. I used to zoom at 0.70 but I neverwas 100% satisfied. Now I'm really close to it! Again, thank you for sharing!Constantin