Sign in to follow this  
Guest Bpilot

Mega Scenery

Guest Bpilot

Hello, Fellow Captains,I got a free sample of USA Mega Scenery (NY-USA) from a Magazine but, after installation, I simply did not like it (it gets total control of FS9 Settings...).As a last resort, I'm coming to this forum to ask for help on how to Uninstall it! My messages/forum to the producers and the magazine went unsanswered.Thanks for the gentle soul who can drop a line.Regards and keep the blue side up.BPilot.

Hi BPilot,Are you able to find the uninstall program either in the Control Panel or Windows Explorer? Try looking for the uninstall program in the Program menue by clicking Start. If you don't find it there, try looking in the Flight Simulator folder. I assume you're using FS9. It will be C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9. Maybe you can remember what folder the MegaScenery was installed to. I don't have it so I don't know where the defalt location would be. But it should come with an uninstall program. I've been wanting to buy the MegaScenery but I was waiting for them to come out with the southeastern section of the U.S. You said it gets total control of FS9. Can you elablorate on that? What magazine did you get it from? I just wonder if it's the real license version. If they're legitimate, I think they should answer your questions and help you, not ignor you. I hope you find your problem. If I had the software, I could help you more. Ken.

Guest Bpilot

Ken,Thanks for the support. I'll try it tomorrow.I got the official Mega Scenery (New York) from Computer Pilot Magazine. Yes, it does take control of several settings of FS9, in order to minimize frame rate and related problems. I have a very powerful machine, but Mega Scenery just destroyed the settings I had adjusted in more than 1 1/2 years of careful tunning...Worst, NY got like under water.On the same token, neither the manufacturers, distributors and the magazine ever answered my pleas for uninstall. Too bad.I'd be double careful before installing it, if I were you...Regards from BrazilBPilot

Hi BPilot,Thanks for the information about the MegaScenery. Yes, I can understand why it takes over the settings of FS9. If you cannot find the uninstall, the next thing I would do is to re-install FS9. Make sure you keep a copy of the planes you've ordered so you can reinstall them too. Hopefully, you can find the uninstall for the MegaScenery.Ken.

The simple way to uninstall any FS9 scenery is to go to the scenery manager and disable it. You can also manually remove references to the scenery from the scenery.cfg file. All these actions will result in scenery not showing up anymore when you fly. Then you can delete the proper folder to get rid off the actual data. All these actions however will not restore your original FS9 settings. It is possible you will find a file called for example FS9.cfg.old that the installer of the Megascenery saved so it could restore its original settings. I would search for all file on your PC that start with FS9. In the worst case you may have to recreate your old FS9 file. If this is true that you spent a year tuning your settings I imagine you must recall which areas you touched. Next time make sure to have another copy of your FS9.cfg.Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2

Michael J.

Guest gremel

I also made the mistake of loading NY Megascenery that I received with my Computer pilot subscription and was very disappointed in the fps performance and took it immediately off my system. Had to do alot of manual deletions from various files etc.IMHO, it's not worth the time to install it. Regards,jack