Sign in to follow this  
wad53

Baro adjustment increments

I have a wierd problem with the PMDG737 600/700. When trying to adjust the baro with the mouse in 2D panel, each mouse click increments in units of 0.4 insHG making it difficult to ahieve requested settings. It only seems to happen with this aircraft, as with all other aircraft panels it increments in units of 0.1.I am using the latest FSUIPC unregistered but surely this is not an issue.I did a search of previous posts and found one reference to somebody experiencing the same problem but no satisfactory solution was offered, so I guess this is not a common problem. Any ideas????Warren

Warren

Hi Warren,Don't think I can really help but I know from personal experience how frustrating it can be to post a request and get no reply at all. Have you checked the settings in control panel/mouse? maybe there's something there you could change. I take it you have tried the scroll wheel rather than clicking? I've tried this on my own setup and it makes no difference 1 click or 1 movement on the wheel increment the baro by 0.1 Maybe try another mouse? is there a way to use the keyboard to change the baro settings?Good luck,Pete

Pete,Thanks for your reply. I had tried all of your suggestions(although, after your note, I looked more closely at mouse set up options). Since you confirmed no problem and no other responses had been posted, I was confident it was me, so I looked more closely and read the manuals more closely. I am now rather embarrased. I am very new to this aircraft, and was adjusting the baro using the stand-by altimeter (this is how it was done in most of my other panels). The adjustment using the EFIS panel (DOH!)works fine. For some reason, the stand-by altimeter adjusts in larger increments, which I suspect may be one of very few bugs with this great aircraft. Please excuse my stupidity, but all is OK now and I am fully enjoying the 737NG now that I have learned a little more.Warren

Warren