Sign in to follow this  
Wildblue

Right install order

Hi,Finally my new Alienware system arrived. I installed FS9 and want to keep it as clean as possible. So very little freeware and only a couple of quality payware items besides the basics like AS2004.5, FSUIPC, FsNavigator, Ultimate Traffic etc. I want to do everything 100% correctly to avoid my FS9 partition getting a mess.So can someone please confirm my assumed install order?>Install PMDG 737-600/700 v. 1.2>Update to version 1.3>Install PMDG 737-800/900>Update Optional models update>Update to Service update 1>And then i also have a file called PMDG_737_800_900_Temp_Update1 in my files. Is this one neccesary?And then all the sid/stars and navdata. This will cost me days to find out how to do it absolutely correct. Well, i'm not complaining but i hope someone can give me some pointers.Thanks,Eric (Aeric)

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus | Intel Core i9-10900K @ 5.3GHz | 64GB Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3090 | 500 GB M.2 NVMe for win | 2TB M.2 NVMe for FS2020 | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Eric from EHAM, a flying Dutchman.

Eric (Aeric),I would install in the below order:>Install PMDG 737-600/700 v. 1.2>Update to version 1.3>Install PMDG 737-800/900>Update to Service update 1>Update Optional models updateAlso the Airac and the Procedures aren't that difficult:>Download latest AIRAC for PMDG from NavData and install. http://www.navdata.at/php/airac/airac.php?...&addon=PIC-PMDG>Download latest SID/STAR data from Terry Yingling' s site. http://home.sw.rr.com/filesherenow/index.html>Download the AIO (all in one) SID/STAR file from NavData. http://www.navdata.at/php/sidstar/aio.php?addon=PMDG Install the files overwriting any files installed from Terry Yingling's data.This will take you less than 10 minutes to install. And you're good to go!Hope it helps,

Thanks for the reply.And thanks for all the links. I'm gonna try this as soon as possible.Eric

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus | Intel Core i9-10900K @ 5.3GHz | 64GB Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3090 | 500 GB M.2 NVMe for win | 2TB M.2 NVMe for FS2020 | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Eric from EHAM, a flying Dutchman.