Sign in to follow this  
Guest 737NGCapt

Chance to save DAFIF...

Guest 737NGCapt

Sorry for the somewhat offtopic post, but considering this information is somewhat critical to the use of the PMDG products, I thought this would be the best place to post this. It appears we have a chance to save the online DAFIF database. The decision has been put to public comment and they are looking for input on the decision to remove it from public circulation. This is a copy of an e-mail that was posted on another forum. There's a short time left to comment, so get your letters of support for it being online out!____________________________________________________________________After initial feedback from the public however, NGA has determined that aperiod of public comment will benefit the final decision on this policyissue. So the Agency is inviting public comment on its proposed action towithdraw aeronautical data and products from public distribution. Theperiod of comment will be open from 3 December 2004 until 30 June 2005. NGAwill consider all comments when making the final decision to go forward withthis proposed action, in part, in whole, or not at all. So please makesuggestions, raise any issues, express your concerns through this forum. Comments may be returned to: aero.ocr@nga.mil ormailed to: National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency Mail Stop D-111, Attn: Public Release of Aeronautical Products 4600 Sangamore Road Bethesda, MD 20816-5003 James G. MohanOffice of Corporate Relations, Public Affairs (OCRNP)National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA)http://m.domaindlx.com/PacificAir/sig_10.jpg

Everyone please email them with a well written letter explaining your position as a flightsimmer and taxpayer (if a US citizen that is ;) ) who would like to see this database remain availiable for public use!

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Hi Guys,I saw a post by Richard Stefan some days ago saying he had found a new, more complete database.I might be worth consulting with him reference this new data to see if it's worth trying to save the DAFIF data.Paul (SPIM)

I guess I will go ahead and kick the dead horse. Richard from NavData has already stated that he has a new more complete database to replace DAFIF. Why on earth would you all want to keep the incomplete one we are using now? I am sure the new database will be made to be compatiable iwth the PMDG line of products. PMDG is known to be a leader in getting things done for its users so sit back and bloody relax.

Eric 

Guest jase439

I just sent a lengthy letter voicing my disapproval of this proposal. Whether Richard uses it or not, it cannot be understated public availability of such information is a valuable one.J

Guest Matze2912

Even if Richard has new data to compile the AIRAC and SID/STAR... DAFIF is more.. like worldwide enroute chart coverage for free...Best regards,Matthias

Guest voron

what is the link to this dafif database ?-----------------------Voron