Sign in to follow this  
Guest tangofoxtrot

2d side views for 737

Guest tangofoxtrot

Is it possible to remove the 2d side views from the 737 package?

Ms/mr Name LessPlease take a minute to read the forum guidelines that says you have to sign your posts with your real name.You could load the VC instead and get the VC sideviews. Or you could try to delete the file=737NG_XX.bmp entry in the panel.cfg entry for windows 30-36. NB! Make a backup copy of the file first so you can revert if you screw up.Hope it helps,

I'm curious. Why would you want to? After all a package such as the PMDG 737NG is supposed to be a simulation of a real 737NG and the cockpit has sides and side windows just like in the real thing. Of course you're perfectly free to do it I just wondered why.:-) Iain

Guest tangofoxtrot

Easy chaps! I am afraid that I missed the part where you need to give your real name. This is news to me and I have used the Avsim forums for many years believing it to be anonymous....shows how out of touch I am! I am currently using the 737 as a procedural trainer as I am in the process of completing the CPL/IR in the real world so if I should manage to get a sim assesment on the 73 or similar I will be ahead of the game. Being very familiar with the inside of the real 73 cockpit I feel that the 2d panel is more than enough to represent it. The lifeless side views take a while to load on my system and my poor old computer can't cope with VCs. Owing to the fact that I am utterly skint due to real world ATPL training I am unable to upgrade...........hence the original question.Darren O'Hara