Sign in to follow this  
Guest mruane

Reinstalled now 700 has non active overhead in VC

Guest mruane

HiI reinstalled both the 600/700 followed by the 800/900 into FS9.1, now the -700 has the old inactive overhead in the VC and the approach chart. I am pretty sure that before the reinstallation the -700 did not have the approach chart and it had an active (i.e. working) VC overhead.Did I reinstall in the wrong sequence or what? Any ideas how I can fix this?

Hi Mike,sorry you're having problems with the 700. Did you install all of the patches to the 600/700 and 800/900? It sounds like the 800/900 install did not update your 600/700 aircraft. May I suggest you back-up any liveries you've installed and copy each config file for each model of NG you have, use the uninstaller to remove the 600/700 and 800/900 and reinstall them? (An alternative is to just let the uninstaller remove everything and reinstall all of your liveries, this is easier if you've saved the livery installers from your previous installs)First install the 600/700, then the Service Update 1.3. Next install the 800/900, then the 800/900 Service Update 1.Don't forget to install the latest SID/STAR database.Let me know if this solves the problem.Good luck :-)

Guest mruane

Hi Pete, thanks for responding.I got approval to redownload my purchase and obtained two files:1) PMDG_737_THE_NEXT_GENERATION.ZIP2) PMDG_737_NEXT_GEN_800_900.ZIPThe readme file in the first zip file specifies that this is version 1.3 so I installed that first. The readme file in the second zip file specifies that it was version 1.10 however I installed that second.I have just reviewed the PMDG download site and I see there is a file called Optional Models Update. I think this is the missing link, would you agree? The file description implies that this file is required to add the clickable VC.Interestingly, after reinstalling I now have the Dome Light working again. I am certain that this function stopped working at or about the time I loaded the LDS767 - yet that doesn't really make much sense.I am happy once again.

The optional model update is indeed the missing link. That file is what updates the 600/700 to the new fully clickable VC. Download and install that and you should be good to go.RegardsPaul Gollnick :-cool Technical Operations/Customer Operational SupportPrecision Manuals Development Groupwww.precisionmanuals.comhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/devteam.jpg

Paul Gollnick

Manager Customer/Technical Support

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg

Guest mruane

Thanks Paul,I am now back on the straight and narrow.