Sign in to follow this  
toothjockey

red brake indicator

The brake indicator light won't go out on the PMDG 737-700. It comes on with the parking brake or brake (.), but then it won't go out with repeated keypresses or button clicks. I am using CH virtual pilot PRO with the one button as a brake. All of these worked normally until just recently. Also using Thrustmaster rudder pedals (with no brakes). Any ideas?Thanks,Don Maxwell

Don Maxwell (toothjockey) San Diego, CA
Raptor Lake i9-13900K / ASUS ROG Strix Z790-F Gaming WiFi 6E LGA 1700 / Gigabyte Geforce RTX4090 Windforce 24GB /
Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-5600 / Corsair iCUE H150i Elite LCD 58.1 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler /
EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 GT / Corsair 5000D Airflow ATX Mid Tower / Samsung 49" 4K / Windows 11 Home 64bit

Don, two things will improve your brake problem. First increase the null zone in the FS9 option for rudder and brakes. Second, if you have a registered version of FSUIPC, you can calibrate the brakes so that it does not sense your brakes being on when they are full up. I have found this function to be the most helpful and has solved my brake light being on when they are not.Hope this helps.Bob Johnson

Guest Zapper

Don,Just a small note.. the red light on the rear left of the control pedestal is only on when Parking Brake is set ON. It should not illuminate at any other time.Edited for my terrible typing ;DRgds,

Thanks Bob,I think my problem is related to the Pushback Guage (By Etienne Martin) that I am using. The brake indicator seems to get stuck after I slow to zero on the guage. If I mess with this I can eliminate the problem.Appreciate the help. Regards,Don

Raptor Lake i9-13900K / ASUS ROG Strix Z790-F Gaming WiFi 6E LGA 1700 / Gigabyte Geforce RTX4090 Windforce 24GB /
Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-5600 / Corsair iCUE H150i Elite LCD 58.1 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler /
EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 GT / Corsair 5000D Airflow ATX Mid Tower / Samsung 49" 4K / Windows 11 Home 64bit

Thanks Brad,No, the red light on the throttle quadrant works normally. I was referring to the red brake indicator that is on the lower left of the screen. I think I've solved the problem..seems to be related to the pushback guage (By Etienne Martin) that I have been using.Appreciate your help.Don