Sign in to follow this  
Guest kevchris

Help My Amnesia!!

Guest kevchris

Hello All -I recently found it necessary to do a complete re-install of FS2004, along with my favorite add-ons which include PMDG 737s. I installed the 600/700 with the update, then the 800/900 - everything appears fine - but when I fire up FS2004, and load the PMDG 737-800 for example, I get the warning beep and I can find the reason for same that will silence it? Any ideas???? I do not remember having this problem in the past. I start up cold and dark and the beep starts as soon as I turn on the battery switch. Thanks for any help. Kevin

Kevin,Check your throttle!Hope it helps,

Kevin-That annoying warning you hear is the Takeoff Configuration Warning System... It's designed to prevent you from attempting a takeoff without the airplane properly configured.If you are getting it during loading- it's probably the position of the throttle on your joystick....TOCWS is triggered by a few things:Flap position, throttle position, parking brakes are the most common offenders in the FS world.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Guest kevchris

Thanks for your help! It is pretty funny how you forget some obvious things when you have do a complete re-install.