Sign in to follow this  
slip-stream

Joystick not playing with 800/900

Hi there, I have just installed the 800/900 add-on and everything is fine except the aircraft thinks my throttle is at 50 percent when it is in fact at idle. For instance, I move my throttle forward gently for taxi and the gauges and throttle quadrant go straight to roughly 50percent. The only range I have is 50 - 100 percent. This is the only aircraft that this happens on.Also, I set-up the plane correctly, but the aircraft will not rotate at the proper speed, it only rotates at approx 160kias. It is very scary, especially on short runways. (flaps 10)There is definately a joystick conflict problem here but not sure why.Any ideas? Thanks.

Keith Sandford.

Keith,The only thing that comes to mind is calibrating the throttle.For the late rotation you may want to check your weights and see that there's not a mismatch between lbs and kg somewhere.Hope it helps,

Guest TrafficTraffic

I think it has to be calibration or a defect in the joystick. I can continuously raise N1 from 20.4% on upwards. I do notice that the throttle quadrant motion isn't terribly smooth, but the N1 motion on the EICAS is very smooth.If you have a fully registered copy of FSUIPC, you can use that to make sure you are getting the full -16384 to +16384 range on the output side of the throttle.Lee Hetherington, PP-ASEL (KBED)

Keith,If the airplane will not rotate, make sure the STAB TRIM is set properly for takeoff.Floyd

Thanks for the all the tips lads. It is now happening on all aircraft so is definitely a joystick prob. I have a saitek evo and this model does not allow self calibration. When I select joystick properties from control panel the throttle level is at 50% even though the lever is at idle. And seeing as I cannot calibrate it I am stuck with it.Looks like I am going to have to fork out for another yoke.I thimk I will register FSUIPC too. It may help.I cannot seem to adjust the stab trim.

Keith Sandford.

Guest mortimer

Hey Keith, I've got the same joystick and I've been having problems with it as well recently. I don't believe I'm having a problem with the throttle but definitely am with the stabilizer. It jumps around and when I'm flying an aircraft manually the aircraft is very difficult to control. I have the latest registered version of FSUIPC. I think I'll try to find the driver disk that came with it and see what happens if I go back to that driver. I'll let you know how I made out and if I find a solution.Wayne Bates

Guest mortimer

Keith, I reverted to the earlier driver that came with the joystick (version 4.3.3.1705) and it appears to have solved my problem. If you've updated the driver you may want to go back to an earlier version.Wayne Bates