Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dave Ariss

737 600/700 FMC (Help Please)

Guest Dave Ariss

Hello, I,m just a fledgling at this at the moment,and i seem to be missing the most important bit of programming the FMC..like how to get from A-B? I thought i would try a short flight from Luton (EGGW) to Manchester (EGCC), I,m fine up until the list of SIDS come up....which one do i choose? Is there charts i can access for more info....as taxiing around Luton Airport,with passengers running out of boiled sweets,gets a little bit embarrassing! Any Help..Cheers Dave Wanabe Pilot

If you are a newbie then I would for now just select a departure runway without a SID and an arrival runway and also select that particular runway's approach. It would be valuable for you to purchase fsbuild which is a great utility for flight-planning, especially choosing the correct sid / star.You can then export the plan automatically to the pmdg flightplans folder. Once you have done this just start FS, enter your flightplan in the scratchpad, ie EGLLEGKK and press the LSK next to CO-ROUTE.The whole plan will be entered into the FMC and you just execute it, making sure to join any disco's.

Keith Sandford.

try this linkhttp://rfinder.asalink.net/free/get a route and programme it into your FMCmaybe some discrpancies with detail of SIDS & STARS, but will show you first waypoint after take-off - which should correspond with FMC in general and therefore enable you to plot a sensible route

ngxu_banner.png

Guest Robin.B

If you decide to use RouteFinder Asalink then the SID's or STARs you will use are very very likely to have a very similar name to your first and last departure waypoint, respectively.

Guest canyonblue737

there is no reason you simply can't pick a runway and not enter a SID. then you just can enter in the route page 2 some fixes to fly to, VORs, perhaps even just the destination airport... this will allow you to fly direct. not really realistic but it will get the job done.