Sign in to follow this  
Guest cwright

CFS 3 - a lot blurry textures inside ?

HelloNo way all a rendered video. I am wondering whats is the reason to buy Cfs3 since Fs Aircraft and Scenery will not work in cfs3, and Il 2 is much better already. Why they can't do the clouds and high level blending like Chris Willis.Paul

Guest cwright

I was also disappointed by these shots. If these had come out a few months ago I wouldn't be particularly worried - but it's now mid-July and release should be only three months away. It should be close to completion by now and nearly ready to start beta testing. This shot shows the classic dynamic blurred textures problem (you can see the boundaries between different mip map squares where the resolution is too low). However, this isn't a particularly bad example. I see much worse in FS2002. But some of the other shots are worse, particularly the shot of the German bomber seen from above. The mip map squares are very obvious. And in one shot all the terrain is *totally* blurred. Irrespective of whether these are early shots or not, I can't understand how they could release shots that are so bad. In comparison, the IL-2 shots being released this time last year were far, far superior. Hopefully when they finally get the new terrain engine working we will see a huge improvement - but it does seem to be rather late in the game! Best regards, Chris Wright

Guest cwright

>By the way, anybody knows how to definitively get rid of the >blurry textures in FS2002? >>I

Guest cwright

>When the previous CFS was in the making everyone said the >same, that it was a window into FS2002 which ended up not >being the case especially as far as flight models which were >a big letdown. Peter, actually, I think it was a good window into FS2002, both in positive and negative ways: Positive: amazing improvement in smoothness and frame rates introduced real beaches and coastlines (got rid of the ugly polygons) introduced non-polygon roads etc introduced advanced particle effects system introduced the current generic textures system Negative:introduced the dynamic blurred textures problem, caused by slow update speed introduced very slow update of terrain This is why I hope that the new CFS3 terrain engine will banish the blurred textures problem - but the signs are not very encouraging. Best regards, Chris Wright

...there is always one in the crowd. The friggin' game hasnt even been released and someone is complain all ready about blurry textures!GIVE ME BREAK. What you are looking at is a development release of the game. Blurry textures at long distances, DUH! Take a flight in a small aircraft and look at the horizon, its going to be somewhat blurry!Get over it.

Microsoft may need to purchase some of the volumetric clouds basecodes from Terminal reality(FlyII). Their volumetric clouds programmer still not capable to produce the smooth clouds transitionwhen airplane go thru the clouds! This is the FACT of microsoft game developer!B/Regards..Alex Ooi

"Microsoft may need to purchase some of the volumetric clouds basecodes from Terminal reality(FlyII)."It's alsmost the same code for every "volumetric" effect, this coding exist from pretty much time now, they just don't know how to do it right, we will wait to see in action in cfs3. ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFshttp://fsw.simflight.com/fsw.jpg

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Guest cwright

What does this prove? Either the seeing conditions were *very* unusual or - more likely - the camera was out of focus! Best regards, Chris

Guest cwright

>...there is always one in the crowd. The friggin' game hasnt >even been released and someone is complain all ready about >blurry textures! >>GIVE ME BREAK. What you are looking at is a development >release of the game. Blurry textures at long distances, DUH! > Take a flight in a small aircraft and look at the horizon, >its going to be somewhat blurry! >>Get over it. If Microsoft release screenshots then people will comment on them - that's why you wouldn't expect them to release shots that are so bad. And it's not particularly early - release is possibly only three months away. Several shots clearly show incorrect mip map resolution - in terrain that is very close. It's nothing to do with distant terrain on the horizon. In one shot the terrain is *totally* blurred. To suggest that that is like real life is absurd. The screenshots are blurred - because the flight simulator is generating blurred scenery, a problem well known in FS2002. I certainly hope these obvious defects are fixed before CFS3 is released. Best regards, Chris Wright