Sign in to follow this  
virtualstuff

Project AI - How have you set it up?

Guest JDH

I am thinking of getting myself in gear and getting into the Project AI stuff. I was curious to know, however, how people have set themselves up beforehand. Have you removed all default flightplans, or only some, or what?What do people suggest is the best thing to do?Cheers!

I removed all default flightplans, installed all PAI installers and added some flightplans for other airlines not covered by PAI, which I downloaded from avsim and flightsim (using default and Mike Stone repaints for those flightplans).Misha :-wave

Perhaps the best way to start would be to try the "default" install provided by PAI. Use the base installer they provide - it will remove all but GA flights from the traffic.bgl file (anything smaller than a Lear is considered GA).It's then a matter of installing the AI plans you want, by airline, from the PAI site.Keep in mind that PAI is a work in progress. I personally am waiting until more plans have been added. When I initially tried it a couple of weeks ago, I found that some airports (i.e. regional airports here in the UK, like Glasgow) had become ghost towns, with only GA flights present.I should quickly add that I'm not knocking PAI - it's a fantastic piece of work and a great add on for FS2K2.Good luck - and dont forget to backup your traffic.bgl, just in case!

I will also wait until some more airlines are released. Just looking at their download page, I can still see some important airlines still missing. But when some more flightplans are available, this will be quite spectacular (it already is, in some areas). I'm quite happy with the traffic I have now (AI Shuffler plus some manually added flights).When installing, I would do the base installer thingy, and then add the airlines. Then, I would use AI Shuffler to re-shuffle the GA plans, but leave the others alone, to get some more variation of the GA traffic.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Make sure you backup traffic.bglIt's great just do the base install and then the airlines :-)Still some flight plans have to be released :(awfEHAM

André