Sign in to follow this  
Guest clearland_24right

EGCC SID / STAR

Guest clearland_24right

Just bought the PMDG 737 800 / 900, downloaded the latest Airac & SID / STAR databases, somewhat horrified to discover that there are no SID / STAR for my local Airport - Manchester / EGCC. After all, it's only the second busiest airport in the UK!!! Does anybody have a "stand-alone" version that I can add into the database?TIABernieMCT 237/12_______________________________________If you haven't grown up by the time you're 50 - then you don't have to!!http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/113468.jpg

Bernie-thanks for purchasing!Are you saying you visited www.navdata.at and didn't find what you were looking for?

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Guest clearland_24right

Yes, I downloaded the latest Airac from there, then downloaded the latest SID / STAR from the PMDG web-site, and there are no SID / STAR for EGCC.However, I've just thought on (which I really should have done originally!!) and checked my Flight 1 ATR and PSS Airbus - both of which also use Stefan's Airac data. In both of those EGCC is showing with a full set of SID / STAR data - so it's not the Airac that's wrong - it's the SID / STAR update.... ... ... ... ...I've just re-installed the Airac file, and downloaded and installed the complete SID / STAR file from the navdata site - I now have EGCC!!So it looks as if the problem is with the SID / STAR file that I downloaded from the PMDG download area.Ho hum, computers - don't you just love 'em?!? ;-)Bernie_______________________________________If you haven't grown up by the time you're 50 - then you don't have to!!http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/113468.jpg

Bernie-this topic comes up time and time again-the SID/STAR files on our web site are made by Terry Yingling - their source is the DAFIF database.The ones in the navdata.at website are CUSTOM made by users such as yourself...The DAFIF database does NOT contain all the airports in the world, but only those that the U.S. military deemed appropriate.

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Guest clearland_24right

Thanks for that information - I wasn't aware of the difference.<< The DAFIF database does NOT contain all the airports in the world, but only those that the U.S. military deemed appropriate. >>The omission of EGCC from the DAFIF database does surprise me, as it is the only twin runway airport in the UK apart from Heathrow, and regularly hosts military aircraft from all over the world.Regards,Bernie_______________________________________If you haven't grown up by the time you're 50 - then you don't have to!!http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/113468.jpg

Guest Diego Martinez

Berniethe EGCC sid / stars are in the navdata page. Just look on the sid/star tab then download tab. Then just look for PMDG files and look for the ICAO code. The sid/stars are written by simon buttlerHope it helpsDiego

Any problems Bernie with the EGCC file please contact me, and I'll look at it but all should be ok.Simon

Guest stang

Hi Bernie>I've just re-installed the Airac file, and downloaded and>installed the complete SID / STAR file from the navdata site ->I now have EGCC!!>So it looks as if the problem is with the SID / STAR file that>I downloaded from the PMDG download area.Please go to the Terminal Procedures forum here are avsim and read the pinned topic about how to update the PMDG 737 procedures. I think you will find it helpful.RegardsTerry

Guest clearland_24right

Hi Terry,Thanks for that - I've just read your topic and also Richard Stefan's on the same issue. All is now clear!Obviously I am by no means the first person to stumble into this, and I doubt that I will be the last!Still don't understand why Manchester doesn't appear in the American database though - I saw a USAAF KC135 doing touch and goes there not very long ago ... ... ...Thanks and regards,Bernie_______________________________________If you haven't grown up by the time you're 50 - then you don't have to!!http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/113468.jpg

Guest tomahawk_pa38

Same problem with Barcelona (LEBL) - no runway info at all, no SID/STAR info either

Dave,You will find procedures for LEBL at Navdata, either as single download or in the All-in-one file.But please read the pinned post Terry refer to (here:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=230&topic_id=7&mode=full). Very useful background and info.If you follow these simple guidelines you will be very well covered all over the world and encounter very few errors.