Sign in to follow this  
Guest Stanner1953

PMDG 737-600 Cold Start - Need Help!

Guest Stanner1953

I need help trying a cold start with the PMDG 737-600.1. I have tried to follow the instructions in the printed flight manual book on page 34. However, after I turn on the battery, I am unable to get the APU switch to turn to "Start", it snaps back. I cango no further, since next step is to turn on the two generators, which cannot be done without the APU being started. 2, In the flight tutorial by Fred Clausen, the start sequence is different from that of the PMDG flight manual. It refers to ..."turn off the left and right packs." What does left/right pack mean? Are these the switches above the APU Bleed on the right hand side of the panel?3. Has anyone printed detail cold start instructions?Thanks.PS I have tried also going to the FS9 default Cessna, and shutting everything down, and then switching aircraft to PMDG 737-600. Stanner

Contact me via e-mail dave_paige@comcast.net and I'll try and give you a hand.1. Sounds like you might not have turned on the stdby power switch.2. Air conditioning pack switches. And, yes they are above the engine bleed switches on the right side.

Dave Paige

Guest schuurman01

Hi Stanner,Here is the start sequence for the APU:1. Set the BAT Switch to the ON position,2. Make sure the APU BLEED switch is in the OFF position,3. Set the APU switch to the START position and release to the ON position.4. Make sure the LOW OIL PRESSURE light comes ON,5. Make sure the LOW OIL PRESSURE light goes off before the APU GEN OFF BUS light comes ON.6. Make sure the APU GEN OFF BUS lights comes ON, (APU is ready to load).7. Set the two APU GEN Switche to the ON position, Make sure the APU GEN OFF BUS light goes OFF.P.S. You can set the APU BLEED switch to ON after 5 min.Maybe this helps you to start the APU.Greetings Mark.

Is that 5 minute a real life procedure? Because in the game it seems to work fine if I wait about a minute or so. Sometimes my passengers are impatient!!

> Because in the game>it seems to work fine if I wait about a minute or so.>Sometimes my passengers are impatient!!It's NOT a game! It's a Simulation.The Passengers are normally boarding after the APU has started. They should not be impatient because they are in the process of sorting out 'who-sit's where'.----------------------------------------------------------Right, should I do another quick lap of the old Nurburgring circuit with 'GT4' or go flying?Dave T.

Dave Taylor gb.png

That's the spirit Dave! ;-)

Guest Knikolaes

OH!!!! . . . .And do NOT forget to kick the tires. If she wont start you need to make sure the gerbils are out of the tire tread.<<<>>>> Because I could not spell Gerbil right.