Sign in to follow this  
Kimchoc

I am really having a time with this software....

Thomas, I was afraid you might ask!!I had the need (a nice need) to configure my system with CH yoke, quad throttles, and pedals - all USB.I had FS configured to boot giving me PMDG 738-winglets, Qantas livery, sitting at YMML with all lights on and the fires lit. - Lazy? Yes - I like flying this kite and I do not have much time. Patriotic? Well, I can still knock out a verse of 'I Still Call Austalia Home'!! So, all this was prior to the new shiny CH hardware and all worked well before this, at least within my capabilities.Configured the CH hardware. All went well considering the horific stories on the forums. However, on booting into FS (remember my boot setup) I was presented with blue skies/cockpit ceilings and the like - not the cockpit view of the panel and runway etc. I simply could not fly the PMDG 738 (a bit hard without a panel!!) Within the same FS session, it was possible to adjust 'views' to see a panel and fly. So, many, many hours were spent pulling apart .cfg files trying to find out, why. At least my logic would have to say it was 'hardware'. It was only out of deparation that I went to basics and let FS boot into the default Cessna. Wow, all the views were fine. Move to PMDG 738-winglets (PMDG livery) - fine. Move to PMDG 738-winglets (Qantas livery) - blue skies in the cockpit! This also tended to corrupt FS within this session.I then loaded Air Berlin livery (for 738-winglets) and this was fine. I then elected to delete the PMDG Qantas livery (I nearly cried!!) and reset up my FS boot scenario.Thomas, when your post came along speaking of some liveries that needed work, my curiosity got the best of me and I needed to ask some questions as my above experience defies all logic - well at least mine. Before writing this, I thought that I should load the Qantas livery again to be sure, to be sure. Yep, blue skies and a corrupt FS.In Summary:All of my CH equipment works and I have more buttons and axis to play with than you could dream ofPMDG 738 continues to work fantastically in all modes auto and manual using the CH hardware (given that I do not have a Qantas livery)Despite this, I can still remember at least one verse of 'I Still Call Australia Home'. Sigh, I hope the 744 Qantas livery works!!Hey Thomas, ask a simple question and get a 'confused' reply.Thanks for your input, it is appreciated.RegardsJock McIntyre (YMML) g

Jock McIntyre

Guest thscholz

>...as my above experience defies all logic- well at least mine. ...mine too.:-( Jock, that really sounds weird!As the Qantas livery worked fine prior to installing the CH hardware, I'm pretty at a loss here. I see no link between a livery and the panel not showing, except the 'panel' entry in the AIRCRAFT.CFG, but that look O.K. to me.Just to exclude that possibility: did you check, if the 'fltsim' entries are in sequence?Anyway, I guess this is a case for the pro's...Sorry that I couldn't help you.CheersThomas

Jock, when you say 'blue skies/cockpit ceilings and the like' do you mean it looks like the view is rolling? This used to happen to me when -for some unknown reason- the USB connection to the CH yoke got lost all of a sudden during flight. Each time this happened to me, the yoke showed up fine in XP's Control Panel, but no movement was detected. When I un-/replugged the yoke all was fine again. I solved this by installing and using the latest CH Control Manager software. I defined an FS2004 profile and load it at windows startup. No more crazy views since then. There is (to me) no logical relation between yoke software and liveries. But hey, it's worth a check!If this rotating view is not what you mean: well, useless typing this then... ;-) :+ Henk-Jan