Sign in to follow this  
bravolima

Request & Suggestion: Full IFR-Panel for PMDG 7X7

hi allPersonally I find it very useful to fly with a two monitor system. I found out, to place monitors above each other and place the upper one more distant and angulate the lower one gives a more relaxed flying, especially in finals. I have the instruments on the lower screen and outside view on the upper The little bit more distant placed monitor simulates a more realistic "outside" view and the ergonomic situation is more cockpit like than in monitors with side-by-side settings. Third the instruments and control elements have a better readability if a 17" or a 18" monitor is used, even in a single monitor setting with 21" monitors.For better impression have a look at my seeting in the attachement.Therefore I would recommend and ask the developer of the PMDG-Series to develop full IFR-panels. This means you have instruments on the lower screen and outside view on the upper one.any comments on that?greetingsBernhard (LSGS)

Hi there Bernhard,My uncle lives in Les Mosses - not that far from LSGS. :-)You have to realize that your are probably in distinct minority of simmers who have that much hardware devoted to your hobby. Very nice setup by the way. I prefer to live with a single monitor but throw a Fresnel lens on top - this gives me much better depth and sensation of 3D because no matter how many monitors you use you can't escape the fact that they are flat panels bare centimeters from your face.Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_beta_member.jpg

Hi MichaelThere is only one powerful machine for FS2004 with XP (PIV/3.2GHz) in my setting. the other ones are PIII/II-systems with Win2000 and Win98. (Internet communication during online-flying, the oldest one is for using PS1.3 a old DOS Program). All connected via LAN-Router. The table was done by myself with a sloped part in the middle to angulate the lower monitor. Then you need two switch-boxes to share one keyboard for two sytems and different monitor settings.The dicision has to be made, always reconfiguring my working desk for my hobby or to run a seperate simming place. I decided for the latter.... Side effect, I found a way to use my old PCs.Bernhard L.25NM east of LSGS on the boarder to Italy in the german part of Valais.